Scottoiler

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by risgett, Oct 19, 2012.

1. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    Anyone here use a scottoiler system? If so, do you have the electronic or vaccum version?

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I had a vacuum system on my third generation. I hate chain maintenance and would rather wipe off some excess once in a while a opposed to traditional cleaning and lube. I think the electronic system would be far better and will get one some day.

3. Valentino Robbie

Valentino Robbie New Member

I bought my vfr with an old vacuum scotoiler attached and love it :D
    Will never do without one again. Just had one problem recently with an air lock and had to prime the system and let it run for about ten minutes to get it out...don't know if the electric does this or not but it may just be mine because it's older.
    Other than that I heard they are all bullet proof whichever you go for! But whatever problems you get it's still a hell of a lot easier than a manual lubing! And imo, I don't like over complicating things which is prob why I like the vacuum one so much.

4. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    It seems like a great idea for when you are out on tour but I think I can deal with the regular maintenance required and spend the $$$$$$ on another rear tire instead. JMHO as always.

5. Durk

Durk New Member

It is much more popular in the UK where they actually use motorcycles as regular transportation and expose them to the elements on a regular basis. If someone gave me one I'd rock it, but I can live with the occasional wipe and lube. I only ride when it is nice out too.

6. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    I think I'm going to spring for one. I use mine for commuting to work and pleasure riding, so I put a lot of miles on it in a week. And I HATE lubing the chain.:chaingun:

7. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I hate cleaning fling shit off my rear wheel so I have switched to DuPont Chain Saver lube. I was seriously looking at these though. Tink put me onto them a couple years back. My riding used to be the likes of what you do have over in Jolly England. My climate is the same. Wet, welter and wettest. Then after that it rains.