Seeing another VFR

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Nungboy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    So who is like me? When you see another VFR do you get a thrill? When you see one from your cage are you tempted to try and tell the rider YOU have one TOO? When I spent months shopping and saving, I NEVER saw one here in Tucson. Then, just recently, I have started to see a few. I saw a 5th gen on the way to work (westbound on Ina) recently, saw a yellow (5th?) getting onto I-10 at Cortaro Rd (accelerating briskly around traffic), and then the best...yesterday as I was driving the truck on the freeway listening to a newly aquired CD of an old favorite (Robert Fripp's "God Save the King") a red 2007 (just like mine) came by me on the left and got off at the same exit just in front of me. It came by just as the best part of the song was playing...it was just like a movie or something! I got to admire its beauty from several angles. I feel a bit guilty at admiring it so intensely but damn they are sweet to see! Do others feel the same? When I see another Toyota Tacoma I don't generally feel this way but when MY BIKE rides by...ooh boy! I cannot wait to be riding and come across another! (I think I need to ride with some VFR's!!!)
    (Oh, and speaking of sightings, if you want a '95 with 58k, the local dealer--AZ HONDA--has one.)

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Absolutely. It's nice to see a fine machine that every tom dick and scarey doesn't already own. There are no other VFRs in Susanville, so when I am out and about it is even more exciting to see one.
    I saw one exactly like mine in Reno a couple of months ago and had to go into the store to find the owner so we could talk.
    I am still looking for the owner of the yellow 3rd gen I saw on I80 near Auburn, Ca a couple weeks ago. I guess he's not on the net.

3. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Everytime I see one I'm shocked that it's not someone from here.... I mean how can they own a VFR on not be on this website? LOL

4. yoda6669

yoda6669 New Member

Map
    I saw one Red 5th Gen for the first time last Sunday on the Intersection of I30 and TX360, right in front of Six Flags. He was parked helping a HOG and I was going a little fast and was going to take the exit for I30. Missed him. But yeah Nungboy, They are unique and a sight to see. I would like to see another one. Maybe tonigh!

Who knows!

5. Nepix

Nepix New Member

United States
    I saw a red vfr headed the other direction the other day (4/8) heading east on the 94 in san diego, I was so excited I tried to wave to get the riders attention then realized that the wind was pretty strong

6. buzzy

buzzy New Member

You guys are lucky! I haven't seen a single vfr in the upper left. Where are you? (Portland)

7. EVvy

EVvy New Member

I do believe that we are a relatively rare breed. It is rare, but it is fun to spot another VFR on the road. My local dealer has sold 2 or 3 since I bought mine last winter. Two 07 RWB and a used 2003. I havent seen them out and about yet, but when I do I'm sure to smile.

8. Knight1565

Knight1565 New Member

I feel the same way guys. I was at a bike night at the local Quaker State here in Charlotte last night there was one 6th gen there and my 5th gen there out of 200 bikes I would say..
    It is fun to come out of the store and see people looking at my bike and trying to figure out what it is.
    But I would not have any other bike. It is such a fine ridding machine.
    Love it..

Attached Files:

9. FrankoQ

FrankoQ New Member

I see a VFR from time to time.
    And I found another guy at work has a VFR too.

10. jeff8478

jeff8478 New Member

The town I live in has a population of 4,000, and there are four resident VFRs. One is a 1984 (I haven't seen it yet), there's a red '03, and there are two new, black '06es, of which one is mine. Am looking foward to admiring my bike from a distance while actually riding it...:dizzy:

11. nvoges

nvoges New Member

I definetely get excited when seeing another VFR. I used to see a red 4th generation on the highway around my house, and this weekend I saw a 2nd or 3rd??? generation RWB while on a trip in Southern Ohio SR 781. Anyhow, it definetly gets my attention when I see someone who knows how to purchase as wonderfull of a bike as we all own.

12. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

There are no other VFR's in my area that I know of.

There used to be two others, a yellow 00 & a red 03. The yellow one was wrecked. This was quite tragic since the guy's wife was on the back & she was injured pretty bad. The red one was stolen & the owner never got another bike.

The last time I saw one on the road was at Deals Gap in Aug 07.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

13. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

United States
    Map
    I saw four in one day on a ride in Utah- all 6th gen. One in black while refueling, two Italian Red identical to mine, and one of the more recent darker red color fully kitted out with hard bags.

All the VFR riders were fully outfitted with proper gear- which is more than I can say for 90% of the riders in this region I see on my daily rides, where sneakers and jeans seem to be order of the day.

14. GeorgiaRider

GeorgiaRider New Member

Bike night tonight in Canton, GA. Another VFR, black, but I couldnt' find the owner. There were in the neighborhood of 200 bikes, mostly Harleys, and it was at Hooters so I kept getting sidetracked.
    The bike had been down, :( , broken brake, scratches, and throttle bunged up, but it was a Viffer. Rare to see in this part of the SouthEast.
    VFR Rider...if you're out there.....let me know.
    GeorgiaRider

15. v4pwr

v4pwr New Member

Map
    there are very few here also. i have only seen 2 since i bought mine. one was right next to me at a light and i was admiring the bike, the guy didnt even look over as if there was no next him. some riders in this neck of the woods seem sorta standoffish sometimes so i rearely try to talk to these guys.

16. mikeym

mikeym New Member

+1

I used to be heavily into Toyota Mr2's... whenever I saw a mr2 on rims or something I would ask if they were on the mr2oc? Nope...

I don't understand how you can have a rare machine and not join an online forum about the specific bike or car :)

~mikeym

17. PUSkunk

PUSkunk New Member

I remember your bike, it was for sale in the Charlotte area when I bought mine! I ended up buying a red 99 from Huntersville instead.

18. racercosmo

racercosmo New Member

Map
    I have a short funny story about seeing another VFR.
    Before I bought mine, I didn't really know about VFRs. Of course as a teenager in the late 80s, I knew of the Honda Intercepor, but I had no idea what it was.
    I can't recall ever seeing a red bike with white wheels, which is why I bought mine. The seller brought it to my house, and I gave him a ride home. On my way back from his house, a 90 VFR passed me in the opposite direction. "Oh shit, I've owned a bike for 30 minutes, and it already got stolen!" I flew home, and my bike was right where I left it.
    I see another red 3rd gen fairly regularly, now and then I see a white 93 riding the backroads. I have also met a few 5th and 6th gen owners, that I ride with regularly.

19. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    VFR's do seem to be fairly rare. It feels good to see another one on the street. Come warmer weather there is the weekly ride-in at Quaker Steak and Lube, and easily 500 - 1000 bikes show up. Typically my VFR is the only one in the parking lot.

MD

20. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    I went to a track day there was a yellow 00 and a red 5th gen... I rode my bike up to watch a friend and I was asked be these 2 guys why I was not riding on the track.... (I had only been riding it for a month) Then they said You on VFRD cause we are.... I politly said yeah I am a member of VFRD but I frequent VFRworld becuase I don't get bashed when I ask a question or told to "Do a search before you ask or use Google for crying out loud!"

meh.....what are ya gonna' do eh?