SHAMU2 - VFR1200AT (adventure tourer)

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by betarace, Oct 14, 2010.

1. betarace

betarace New Member

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Nothing good...............I will stick with my 6th gen

3. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

:frusty: VFR1200F

:puke: VFR1200AT

4. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

5th Gen's rule.

If this rumor is "true", then Honda officially sucks & sucks large.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

5. Flash1034

Flash1034 New Member

Map
    I still like the bike. Its overpriced and underfeatured but I still like it.

Flash

6. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

Another Honda built as an answer to a question no one asked.

7. Captain Happy

Captain Happy New Member

I've always believed you don't have to like what the other guy is riding, you just have to like what you are riding. No matter how much you pay for it, or how little you pay for it. In the end if you don't like it...it sucks...regardless of the price tag.

People pay way to much attention to what desk jockeys with helmets, opinionate about motorcycles they've ridden for a few miles. If it makes you feel good at the end of the day, then who am I or anyone else to say, your bike or your potential next bike, is a piece of whale fodder? The best bikes I've owned, because they relate to good times and good rides, where probably the biggest pieces of junk I've ever owned. Motorcycling has more to with it then self serving reviews or hyperbole.

Ride what you like and to hell with what reviewers...aka...self seeking servile flatterers (sycophants) say. Not because what your riding is "cool" or the "next best thing". Motorcyclists ride, because they love to ride and the "steed" they chose speaks to them in a way no one else hears or could possibly understand. It may not the fastest or the best handling or even the best looking. Who cares....it's yours.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  8. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

One of the prolems I have with "VFR1200F" is that "R" allways indicated a race motor. Correct me if I'm wrong but i missed the 1200 shaft drive bike out winning on the track. If Honda would have named it a "VF1200" any thing there would be less distain from us "VFR" fans. Thay an make it in an alphabet of last letter varriants it wont be the RC212 based bike we all dreamed of.

9. phobe

phobe New Member

Map
    All this "article" does is prove that Wes Siler is a complete fucking retard.

10. eelspike

eelspike New Member

I have 11,087 miles on my 1200 and the next time it surges on constant throttle will be the first.

11. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    It looks like we have a growing crowd of 1200 owners.
    I think that is cool. The VFR is not dead afterall.

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    well, let's face it: there are those who want to like it and those who don't...then there are those that say they want to like it, but in reality, they don't want to. What category am I in? I still don't know. I liked the bike except... I wanted to love the bike. I wanted it to be all that (in a way at least) I still kind of like the exclusivity of the VFR. It's NOT quite like everything else. Neither am I so maybe that's why it seems to fit me. Or maybe it's cause it was the bike that I could afford at that time. Either way, it's what I have and what I like. I try lot's of other bikes but like my VFR the most. Give me a nice brand new BMW to play with for a year or so and maybe I'll like it the most, but right now, the VFR is the best bang for the buck for the things that I like (sound, price, looks, uniqueness, touring capability, etc.)

13. CJ Majesty

CJ Majesty New Member

Word! Why does this one guy keep slamming this bike so much. & this forum is FOR the VFR, why are the people in this forum holding his opinion in such high regard.

14. mountainmotor

mountainmotor New Member

Agree . Some of us are not coming off other Honda's either. My last Honda was a new 1979 CBX when i was a kid. It took the new VFR1200F to get me back and there was no riding layoff inbetween Honda's.

The VFR1200F is a very capable motorcycle and the cool factor is certainly there. It's a Hot Rod that """ I bought it for what it is along what it's capable of "" based upon a good bit of pre purchase research.

So, to me , Honda is back making comfortable to ride Hot Rods again and that gained a them a sale . It doesn't appear everyone will agree with me that this 1200F is a clean slate motorcycle from Honda . It is what it is and i couldn't be happier. Firing order and all .