She is naked!

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by experience780, Oct 28, 2013.

1. experience780

experience780 New Member

Ha ha now that I have your attention. I'm putting my cb400 project on hold and starting my 86 700 project. No so much a project as just a repaint with some minor mods. IMG_20131025_222402_932.jpg what's the opinion on filling the headlight and custom fitting a single round 3 or 4 inch light? Also I am thinking of going total custom on paint (I've half passed talked about this before) is it a sin to go away from the RWB? I know its really my decision but I do value opinions

2. zoom-zoom

zoom-zoom Member

Canada
    Map
    Considering the shape of the fairing IMO a single round headlight might look a little odd, but that is just me. As far as color goes, the sky is the limit and as you said it is your bike. The only thing I would offer as suggestion is that if you do ever plan on selling the bike, then going too crazy might limit the number of potential buyers.

One of my past VFR's was painted yellow with a dark, pearl blue accent stripe on the tank and fairings by the previous owner and it looked really good. He also painted the center of the wheels yellow to match the body, and painted the calipers with a high temperature resistant blue paint to tie in with the blue accents on the bike.

I have also seen a guy riding around where I live that has a 1985 VF750 that he has painted Lamborghini pearl orange with some black accents and it looks really cool.

3. 4a15

4a15 New Member

United States
    Map
    Depends on what your looking for. I have cut the visor even shorter, and lower bars are next. I like running naked!

CAM00287.jpg
    CAM00288.jpg

4. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Personally, I find the naked look for the VF and R series a little wierd due to all the jounk on the sides and tail. I would vote for half fairing, but its your bike.

How about twin 3" in its own housing and a bikini windhshield, you can buy them at a harley shop.

Larry

5. ftl900

ftl900 New Member

Map
    I've always thought that the pearl white was one of the prettiest bikes ever produced.

6. experience780

experience780 New Member

I've almost come to a decision on color but I need to get an answer from my friend who owns a buisiness that does signs and vinyl wraps on how much its gonna cost me. Its hard to explain but you guys will see when done hehehehehe

7. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Agreed, and with the gold pinstriping and accents too !!

Attached Files:

8. experience780

experience780 New Member

I do like that headlight setup, I was looking at that the other day I just don't know if its worth all that money just to change headlights... I like the white and gold but my idea is more my style ( if I can get it arranged at a good price)