She's sold but will not be forgotten

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Craigmri, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Craigmri

Craigmri New Member

I only had my 2004 VFR800 Interceptor for a short time but I quickly came to appreciate the capabilities of this motorcycle. Mine was set up for touring. Honda hard bags, Givi-clone trunk, Heli-bars, Sargent seat, ZG double bubble, throttlemeister and that sound with the Remus twin exhaust....Intoxicating!

This past July I took it on a 1500 mile tour throughout New England and had a blast. Even hauling around a weeks worth of stuff she handled the mountain twisties with composure and confidence. This made a fine sport touring ride with the emphasis on sport.

So why did I decide to part with it if I enjoyed it so? At 44 years old, I'm finding myself slowing down and not enjoying the speed as much as the comfort. Even with the Heli-bars and throttlemeister my hands still go numb. I still get alot of wind on my helmet at speed and my leg position isnt good for 500 mile days so this all taught me that what I really want is a full-on Touring rig.

So, after spending a few months looking around at my sub-$10,000 options, I just picked up my "new-to-me" motorcycle. When I first spotted it on Craigslist I couldnt believe it. A local 1998 Honda Goldwing Aspencade GL1500 with only 7,950 miles!!!!! I go check it out and its the real deal. I sleep on it and begin negotiating with the owner and we finally agree on a sales price of $6,000. All she needs is some routine maintenance and change out the original(14 year old) tires.

Full fairing, audio system, real cruise control, intercom and all the luggage room I could want. This coming summer we are riding from Florida to Nova Scotia and this bike is exactly what the dr. ordered.

Thanks to this great community for all the information I received while I owned my VFR. The new owner got a sweet bike and if I can ever afford to own two bikes, I'll have another VFR for in town fun.

Sincerely,
    Craig

2. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Well I guess we are all sad that you have decided to leave but I hope you nuged the new owner in our direction as we have a void in the ranks to fill now.

Good luck with the new Wing, I'm sure it will provide you with a solid performance as did your VFR.

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Craig

Have fun with your new wing, I am sure you will be back and tell us your experience.
    Ride safe

4. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I would have a wing if I could afford and had the space for more bikes. Enjoy your new ride!

5. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    I can't slow down. The wife will punch me in the back of the helmet if I do. :potstir:

Enjoy your new ride sir! :cool: