Short introduction from a VFR rider from Germany

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Berliner5000, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Berliner5000

Berliner5000 New Member

Import 04_2013 200.jpg IMG_0807.jpg IMG_0938.jpg Hi folks,

I am new in this forum - just reported my experience with the Honda-central customer service in Germany after realizing that my VFR-1200 engine is dead after 24.000 KM (only two years old and bought right new from the dealer).
    Thread "VFR Engine Death"
    I used to ride Kawasaki only before the VFR 800 -RC 46/I has been introduced to me years ago. That was a fantastic bike and I enjoyed it for allmost 10 years. Then I got hungry about a 1000cc VFR-engine which never came from Honda, but the new 7th gen.
    So I decided to say good by to my VFR 800 and bought a new VFR1200F.
    I did some modification:
    1. Toe clip from Thurn Motorsport
    2. BOS GP black magic II instead of the Honda-toaster: http://thurn-motorsport.de/html/sc63.html
    3. Gilles Vario Handlebar: I did some modification: www.metisse.de/variobar-handlebar-vfr-1200-f-with-extension-100mm.html
    4. Individual seat bench by Niklas Lange: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=57c9...7C97F982BBBBEC6!2546&authkey=!AJGJaZXAO8CPNRA

After this unsatisfactory experience with Honda-customer service I was closed to say good beye to HONDA, but my dealer offered me a good deal for a new 2013 VFR. I will take that chance and try the VFR1200F out again.
    Wish you all a good time and hopefully a soon spring to enjoy riding the VFR again. :tranquillity:

2. Bryan88

Bryan88 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

South Africa
    Map
    Welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope the new one turns out ok. You weren't tempted to wait for the new 800? Don't know if it's even available yet though. Ride safe

3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Grettings, Velcome aboard, your English is terrific. My wife is from Dusseldorf born and raised! I have been there numberous times, last time, we got to go to the Nurburgring with our rental car. So, now every time we go in the warmer weather we are gona hit that destination. Looking at a cazy post card with the words; Kneschtuprescht Kannmishcma...translation was, he is someone that puts coal in little kids stocking and he should fuk-off.

Sometimes you get a lemon. Glad your still riding. You ride all winter?

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :welcome: to the madness mate, sorry about your bike and glad you giving Honda another try :thumbsup:
    Ride safe and have some beers on me :wink:

5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Zo, est kaput, nein ??

Wait till the 2nd year's improvements b4 getting something so novel and :confusion:complicated, sprechen de undermench.