Sissy bars or any other back support ?

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bighawk, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Bighawk

Bighawk New Member

United States
    Map
    Looking to pick up a 14 soon. My girl rides with me one a month or so.. looking to find her something she could lean back on.. any suggestions ? Thx

2. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Sargent shows some.

Larry

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Although more than just a back rest, getting a top case with the back rest pad is another option. The top case really comes in handy too. I have a GIVI E55 and it can hold quite a bit. I use my bike mostly for commuting/touring and always when taking the wife along. The case can hold two full face helmets side by side and a small amount of "soft" items, sweatshirts, gloves, etc. Comes in handy when running errands and maybe picking up a few small items that will fit, vice having to use the car. It's easy enough to remove the case and still ride without it but typically when I'm riding it's on there.

Some folks feel it takes away from the look of the bike and/or think it will make the bike even more top heavy but I have not had any CoG issues even when I pack it with the maximum recommended weight and to me it still looks good with or without the case attached. The only draw back is the cost might be a bit steep for some.

4. Nelix

Nelix New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    OEM top case with the back rest.

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    awe.. I have the Corbin with back rest. LOL more a stop. it's not so much for leaning on as it's only like 6" tall but gives folks the illusion that it will help em with the fear of falling off the BACK.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Corbin also sells those Tshirts that say "If you can read this, the bitch fell off".

What if this guy's wife is only 6" tall? Up to aboot say 5' he could just have her ride in one of those topcases with just a bit of folding and leaving room for some beer.