Sooooo, anybody got a VFR12 factory service manual in pdf??

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Dangerous Dave, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Dangerous Dave

Dangerous Dave New Member

Just wondering. I just ordered up a paper copy. I'm sure it'll come in handy since I don't trust a single Honda dealer in this town to touch my bike.

2. max_imum2000

max_imum2000 New Member

maybe you can scan one for us :)

3. Dangerous Dave

Mayyyyyybe. Or maybe I can just share the one I just found online? I don't think I can attach a pdf here. Looks like I'd have to host it elsewhere and post the link.

4. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

Yeah mine is Portable Document Format ...... or maybe its Paper Document Format.... either way you slice it the Service manual comes in PDF...... either way its not the Digital PDF your looking for but it is portable.

5. Dangerous Dave

Well, it seems I have both now. I found somebody selling (allegedly) brandy new gen-U-wine Honda paper manuals for $30 bucks. It was supposed to be shipped today, so I should have it before the end of the week. And after MANY clicks on Google hits (most of which were bullshit), I actually found one that delivered as promised. So with some minor hoop-jumping, I got an electronic copy of the factory service manual as well. Not the cleanest scan I ever saw, but the price was right. My preference is for a real paper copy I can hold in my hands, but I can keep an electronic copy on my Droid and have it with me when the bike and I are somewhere the paper manual isn't. And for those who've already EM'd and PM'd, it's too big a file to email...sorry. I'll get it hosted and post a link here for all to enjoy.

6. Dangerous Dave

Ok...here it is.

Disclaimer: I downloaded it from another site. My A/V software didn't yelp like a tornado siren nor squeal like a pig. I unzipped it, opened it, used it, looks ok to me. I also saved it to the SD card in my Droid, so I always have it with me. YMMV! Download at your own peril! If you download it, use it, like it, please ping my thanks meter for it.

hondavfr1200f.zip

That is all. ;-}

D Dave

som2002 likes this.
  7. lshark

lshark New Member

thnx Dave it downloaded no problem ! gonna try to save on my droid ...where did you save it to ??? some pix are a little dark but i have a paper copy thnx!!!

8. lshark

lshark New Member

got it!!! for those who want to do this.. I downloaded the adobe reader app for my droid ...connectted phone to computer and drag and drop files to new folder in droid.... open adobe reader and there it is !!!

9. Dangerous Dave

You can also unzip it on your PC, and then save the whole file to your phone memory. I put it on my SD card.

10. lshark

lshark New Member

yeah that's what i did...too bad you can't download the whole toolbox !!!!!

11. max_imum2000

max_imum2000 New Member

thanks for the manual , its great, however i can't find anything for the DCT
    any suggestions ?

12. Dangerous Dave

Search long and hard on the net to find one like I did with this. I also found a guy in New York who sells paper copies of factory manuals pretty cheap. I think I paid $30 shipped for VFR12 manual. I'm pretty darn sure it's a knock-off of a factory manual. That is to say, it looks just like a factory manual, but I'm pretty sure it didn't come from Honda. It looks like somebody did a REALLY nice job of scanning and reprinting the factory manual. I think he says he can get them for anything. I don't know how, and I don't wanna know. But lord help him if he ever gets caught.

13. max_imum2000

max_imum2000 New Member

i did search hard , but no luck
    for the vfr1200 i found it in vfrdiscussion forum at the download section , it was easy
    but for the DCT its just not there
    how about sharing that guy email ?
    thanks

14. Seemedo

Seemedo New Member

Map
    I bought the paper just so I can take Her to the Independent I like to go to, plus it makes for some good reading before I go to bed. I bought a PDF version for my Harley but I'm pretty sure it was a bootleg. I would not want to have to trouble shoot a sensor problem on our bikes. The Honda dealer where I get tires at didn't even try to sell a 1200VFR the other dealer at the beach sold two. Can't remember What I paid for mine but it's worth it. [​IMG] I know I pay a little more $60.00 to $80.00 for the tires and mounting at the dealer but it's nice to have a dealer near bye.

15. Dangerous Dave

manualwizard1970@yahoo.com

16. Befbever

Befbever New Member

Thanks a bunch Dave!
    When I had a Triumph Tiger, I hosted a .pdf workshop manual I found the hard way like you did. Got a lot of stick for it, copyright etc. Triumph sell hard copies of this very inaccurate manual for like $99.
    So I'm still hosting it, although the Tiger is long gone. :tongue:

All bike manufacturers should put those manuals on their website as a free download. It's 2012, not 1969. :grouphug: