"Sort of" New Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tomk1960, Apr 3, 2019.

1. tomk1960

tomk1960 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm not exactly a new member since I joined several years ago when I bought my VF1000F. I posted here in the past, but it's been a LONG time.

I sold the VF last spring after enjoying it for 5 years. A couple years ago I bought a decent '86 VFR750F and tucked it away. My plan was to finish two bike builds that were ahead of it first. Now that #2 is nearly done, I've started accumulating parts and am doing research to see what mods can be done. The bodywork is with a friend who is a professional body/paint guy. That will be finished in a month or two and will probably sit in boxes for a while. The bike itself needs all the usual stuff such as tires, wheel and steering bearings, fork seals, valve adjustment, carb cleaning, brake system overhaul, etc. That's the easy stuff. What I'm interested in also doing is a CBR wheel upgrade. I understand that's been done with these bikes and would like to know more. So far I haven't had any luck finding info here in the forum regarding that mod - can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
  4. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Welcome back TomK1960.

It looks like Captain 80s has fully covered the issue of replacement wheels.

However just in case it helps - most of the stuff on the old Hondavfr.org website is still available via the webarchive machine archive. The link below takes you to an archive example of the website. If you cannot find an article it may be worth choosing to view the snapshot taken on a different date as their webcrawler bot will have recorded the site content on loads of other dates.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060103144335/http://www.hondavfr.org/faqs.html

SkiMad

Diving Pete likes this.