Southern IN Group Ride June 27/28

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by Meatloaf, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    OK guys, this if my first shot at organizing any sort of ride so forgive me if I seem to be missing anything and just let me know and I can adjust things accordingly. This isn’t really all that big of a ride, just more of a way for us to meet up and get out for a little while. This ride will take place on the weekend of June 27/28. We aren’t sure which day we are going to choose yet as we are watching the weather and looking for the best day to do it. In about a week we should be able to choose the best day and update the information here to be a little more specific.

The link below is the route that a few friends of mine always take going to southern Indiana and I figured it would make for a great first ride together. Anyone is welcome to attend and being that it is the first time that I’m sure at least a few of you have ridden some of these roads, we won’t be doing anything too fast. The ride isn’t challenging, but it most certainly is a blast. There is only one challenging corner, a sharp downhill left hander that you can’t see coming up on it. Leaders will slow down for this to make sure someone doesn’t miss it.

Those of us that are going to be leading do NOT have any sort of communication system as of yet. I highly doubt that we will by the time of the ride either, but if you have some sort of communication system and want to bring it to chat with others during the ride, go ahead and bring it.

There should be a wide variety of riders going on this ride if we can all make it. This will likely include riders from Indy Ducati, Indy Triumph, Local Aprilia riders, VFRWorld, Indy Superbike Riders, and more. If it runs and has two or three wheels, hop on and join us. Want to ride two up? Great, bring a passenger. Want to come from out of state and stay the night somewhere? Let us know and if you don’t want to get a hotel, someone might have room for you the night before.

GOOGLE MAPS LINK OF THE ROUTE

We are going to be starting out (and ending) at Pioneer Park in Mooresville. The loop takes us to Nashville and Bloomington. We usually make a stop in Nashville for food and gas if needed. There is a great Mexican restaurant there that is also quick and cheap. Depending on how the group is felling, we can either eat here for lunch, or grab a snack along the way at a gas station and stop here for dinner. From there on out we make about a half hour ride to let the food settle, then take a stretch. Then we head to Bloomington, come back to Nashville, and make our way back to Mooresville. We can make stops anywhere along the way, someone just has to notify someone in the lead and we’ll stop wherever.

When: June 27th/28th. This is Saturday and Sunday. We will be watching the weather and try to shoot for the best day about a week in advance. Kickstands will be going up at 11:00AM.

Where: Starting and ending at Pioneer Park in Mooresville, IN

Who: Anyone on two/three wheels

What to bring: Everywhere we stop along the way takes both cash and credit/debit. Usually we go no more than 1-1.5 hrs without a break and there is only one stop we make without gas/drinks.

Contact: PM me on here, email me at zac.ovadka@gmail.com, or give me a call at 765 432 5891.

Disclaimer: I have been asked my one of the organizers to mention this before taking off for legal reasons. By joining the group ride, you assume full responsibility for yourself, your bike, and all your belongings. Those of us that are organizing the ride are not responsible if you manage to go down. If you feel that those ahead of you are riding beyond your abilities, SLOW DOWN!!! Catch us at the next stop and say something to those in front. We highly suggest finding a riding buddy to stay with you. Print the map out and bring it with you. There aren’t many different roads that we take, so finding us if you get behind is really easy. There will be no liability waivers or paperwork, simply attending the ride means that you assume full responsibility for your own actions on the road.

2. BASFjon

BASFjon New Member

Nuts!!!! :dizzy: Gonna be in Buffalo that weekend. I ride down that way all the time too!! ...funny too, my avatar is at the foot of the Brown County State Parks Bridge - see background