Staintune or Micron?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Guest, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Looking to buy a brand new Interceptor.....I want a set of pipes....Staintune or Micron? Please rate for each category.

Best Look?

Easiest to Install?

Prices and where I should order them from?

Best Sounding?

And finally....Would I have to do any other modifying after installation to make my bike run right....I don't want to have to buy other stuff to make sure everything runs good....I only want the pipes....

Thanks for the help....

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Definitely Staintune!
    I did the research for my 2003', read a lot of reviews, reports, etc..... Listened to the sound clips on the WEB.
    After all, ordered Staintunes and believe me, I am NOT disappointed. The quality is superb! The installation is literally 10 minutes (after you take the stock pipes off.
    Good idea is to remove the tail section plastic, which is 8 bolts. Be carefull not to pinch any wires when re-install the plastic. I did and my electrics went crazy, lost all displays, etc.)
    Only Staintune has removable buffles, so you get 2 sounds for one price. Both are great!
    Highly recommend inspite of the higher price!
    Good luck!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

The Staintunes do sound nice, but the Microns come in carbon fiber. Leo Vince also makes a very nice product and makes a set for the 2002+ VFR800, but cant seem to find a picture on their site.

BTW, will any of these systems interfere w/ mounting the stock Honda hardbags?

4. atxvfr

atxvfr New Member

5. simple_guy

simple_guy New Member

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me the performance advantage there is when installing either pipe? Also If installing a power commander on the bike do you have to take it to a shop and have them dial it in? or can I do it and how?

jim

6. simple_guy

simple_guy New Member

Question answered. No reply needed

7. NYMBYSS

NYMBYSS New Member

United States
    look at laser pipes too yhey are great sounding as well with great workmanship