Staintune Weight Savings...

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by filegiant, Feb 4, 2004.

1. filegiant

filegiant New Member

Just installed a Staintune on my '02 VFR and got the weight difference if anyone is interested:

Stock exhausts and collector = 18 lbs.
    Staintune exhausts and collector = 11 lbs.

Also, got my Staintune through sportstour.com. They still had a few left at the 2003 price of $729 including shipping. Great service, too!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Just put the *lower-priced* Staintunes on mine too. That 7lbs is nice. I think this exactly equals the weight I gained over Xmas, so I broke even! :(

3. deryk

deryk New Member

Put mine on a few weeks ago, they are excellent. Can't beat the new tune [baffles out ofcourse ;D], gives me a smile at the lights every time when the heads turn.

Staintune can provide stickers which states the sound emmssion level. [ 91 dBa @ 5250rpm]

Any ideas on how best to store the stock pipes :-/

Deryk [RED 03]

4. filegiant

filegiant New Member

It was up in the attic for mine, wiped down with a rag soaked in Tri-Flo.  If you kept the packaging from the Staintunes, I suppose you could wrap the stock mufflers with it.  Now I'd like to find someone who can replace that cat with a straight-through pipe!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Please post your resource, if you do find an aftermarket alternative for getting rid of that damn cat. I hate the look, I hate the heat, I hate the weight. I can appreciate Honda trying to stay green, but it's not required here in the states, and the Vtec configuration cleans up the emissions anyway!