starting to love this bike

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by matt1986vf500f, Mar 6, 2010.

1. matt1986vf500f

matt1986vf500f New Member

United States
    Map
    so i go down to atlanta to pick up wrestler bike for fork seals and a few other odds & ends, riding it back was ok, further in the trip i guess me and the bike start to bond probably cause my ass was numb from the rock hard seat but the bike is alot fun, i've rode it to the store a couple of time and im starting to really love this bike the sound the torque just its look, in the past i've never really didn't seen myself owning one of these biikes i hate linked brakes! the suspension is to soft and why didnt honda give it about 20 more rear wheel horse power but all of that aside i really love this bike it's changed my mind that for sure

Attached Files:

2. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map
    pulled apart the forks sunday and found that the bushing where toasted also found that somone else has been in these forks striping out the bolt that holds the damping rod to the lower fork leg, this was pretty easy see how i've never worked on a 5th gen bike at all nor pulled apart forks either, enjoy some photos

Attached Files:

3. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Hey those are not bushings, thats your tobacco dude!!! ha ha ha, good to hear the project's coming along well!

4. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map
    wanna try some of that peach skoal joey make a man out of ya

5. sparky750

sparky750 New Member

ok matt. i'll get the parts, ride down and have you help me with my forks and i'll provide all the 'hebrew' SHMALTZ BREWING COMPANY and' scrimshaw' Scrimshaw - Pilsner you can drink :drink:(after the forks are back on, lol). deal?

warning: once you have these beers, you probably won't go back to your other favorites. :sorry:

6. matt1986vf500f

United States
    Map
    you better hurry the deals gap ride is'nt far, i'd hate to show you up on a lil old bike of mine lol