Steal Or no Steal?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Saint_Craig, May 11, 2006.

1. Saint_Craig

Saint_Craig New Member

Having been out of the VFR scene for quite awhile, I was wondering if I got a good deal on my 02 I just picked up.

2002 VFR 5800mi. 5800USD ( If figure a buck a mile :biggrin: )

It was I think my all time bestest lucky find in the whole of today.

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    are you kidding? I'll give you that for it. Just tell me where you are and I'll fly there and ride it home and still be doing fine on the deal!

3. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Yep, you got an amazing deal there. I'm very jealous, because I'm in the market for a slightly used VTEC. Congrats, and post pics!

4. Saint_Craig

Saint_Craig New Member

The votes are in, It was a stone cold Steal.

No not kidding.

It all started with a bit of nostalgia, about my old 87 VFR, which I decided I was going to replace.

Well I found one one E-bay, and when the bidding got over $3K on it (It had 3K on the ODO and looked pristine.) I was turned off. I'm not going to pay more for a used, 20 year old bike than I paid for one New back in the day.

So on the day that auction ended, I say a guy selling the 02 VFR about 15 mi away from me. I decided the max I would bis was 6K. Put in my bid ans was winning at $5600 then some Joker bid it up to over 6K. Oh well there will allways be another one I figured. Sent the guy a mail saying hey if the deal falls through with this guy (they often do.) I would be willing to take it at my last winning price.

Long story short, I get a mail about a week later that the winner of the auction reneged on the deal and if I wanted it.

Apparently where I'm at the VFR is not too popular, most people would it seems rather have The Suzi's and Kawi's So I find VFR's from time to time Easpecially the newer ones (Not Vintage ones.) fairly cheap.

So the general public's lack of knowlege is my gain. :biggrin:

Right now the Shop has it for inspection and a through going over and the only problem that they had is, it has a fender eliminator on it Which would not pass inspection so It had to be reverted back to the Stock fender. Luckily I had all the parts save for one metal support (For the plastic fender.) so it will cost me $25 to rectify.

After I bought this bike, apparently thre 86 VFR I was looking at was reposted, as some idoit bid it up and then reneged on it.