Stolen '00 VFR in NJ

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by jon08724, Jul 6, 2004.

1. jon08724

jon08724 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello everyone....

Sorry my first posting here has to be a negative one. I have periodically checked into this site and have found a lot of useful information, but never actually registered until now. I suppose this is somewhat of a "last ditch" effort in an attempt to locate my bike.

Bike was stolen from my condo parking spot in Tinton Falls, New Jersey on Saturday, June 12, 2004.

Bike info:

2000 Honda VFR800FI Interceptor
    Color: Stock Yellow
    Vin: 1 JH2RC4602YM201245
    Lic. Plate: 6190C (NJ)
    Mileage: Approx. 11,500 miles
    Description: Bike was completely stock with the exception of a black tank bra. Was missing the Left side cover you need to remove in order to access/remove wind screen (long story...), so left side of wind screen was secured with a zip tie.

My expectations aren't very high, but I need to feel that I've done all that I can do. I didn't have theft insurance on it, so I am pretty much eating the loss myself. If anyone can recommend anything else that I might do, I'd appreciate that also.

-John W.

2. Jake

Jake New Member

Moving out of New Jersey would probably help... File the police report. Watch the local classifieds.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Good luck--hope you find it.
    Jake

3. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I must agree with Jake. Moving out of the Communist Hell Hole known as New Jersey is the only thing I can recommend. Cops in this state are too conserned with pulling over motorcycles just because they are motorcycles than to actually look for a stolen one.

I feel your pain. I'm on my second 2000 VFR. The first was stolen 4 days after I bought it with only 86 miles on the clock.

HWORTH

4. vfracer

vfracer New Member

:-[
    .....I'm out in Rutherford ......try to keep an eye out.
    Two weeks ago in Clifton.NJ they stole a guys New bike in broad day-light he watched them pick it up and toss in back of Van when he was in the check out line.

Great world we live in........

Vfrsteve

5. Guest

Guest Guest

John,

Check ebay. There was a suspicious posting for parting out a complete viffer a few days ago.

6. jon08724

jon08724 New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the replies. Sorry to say, still nothing yet. ...and leaving NJ not a viable(although attractive) option for now. lol

I did check out ebay. Saw a wreck for parts, but it was in CA, so not much chance of it being mine, I don't think.

I did see another for sale though, in North Jersey too. Not mine either, as the seller posted the VIN. But it sounds like it might be a good deal. I loved my 2000. I don't exactly care for the new models styling either. If anyone here gets a chance to look at it, let me know what you think. It kills me not to be out ridng.

John

7. Guest

Guest Guest

John,

Check this item #2483579818 on Ebay. The seller is listed as kfowler38 in NJ. He's showing a yellow VFR and calling it an 01. From the looks of the picture there appears to be nothing wrong with it but he's saying all parts are available. I think the only item he has current right now is a lower. Not pointing fingers, just trying to help. The posting seems mighty suspicious though.

8. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Same guy has an exhaust for sale now. Says he's in Irvington. That's up by NYC. Something doesn't seem right about the stuff he's selling. If you look at the pics of the bike he's parting out, it appears to be just fine.

Ebay item # 2484855528

Hope you're back on a VFR soon...

HWORTH

9. Rumblefish

Rumblefish New Member

Map
    Hey,
    Sorry about your loss. I had my '89 Harley stolen back in '97...I still search 'Cycle Trader' for parts of it.
    Anyway, regarding the person selling the VFR on e-bay. I e-mailed them about buying the mirrors. They offered them for $60., but I got a weird vibe too. The auction was prematurely ended the next day. I'm not implying that the ebay seller was in anyway illegit, just commenting.
    *Just wanted to note that the ebay seller did have a phone number & e-mail listed.

10. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Jon, no one ever said thieves are smart, so check this guy out. Selling parts on eBay from a yellow VFR800; gives his phone number as 862 368 1399 and email as kfowler38@comcast.net Seems more than conicidental that a bike identical to yours is being parted out less than 50 miles from where it was stolen two weeks ago. I'd turn this over to the law. Good Luck