Strip and Polish

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by vfrman02, Jul 29, 2003.

1. vfrman02

vfrman02 New Member

I was just cuious to see if anyone has stripped and polished the stock rims on the 02 viffer. If so, could you give me some pointers? It would be much appreciated. I am thinking of doing it myself to save money, instead of buying new rims. So any help would be great. ;D

2. Lone_Texas_Ranger

Lone_Texas_Ranger New Member

Scott Friday has done it on his 01, same wheels, see www.sfriday.com/present . I've seen them not too shabby, but a lot of hard work. Good luck

3. vfrman02

vfrman02 New Member

Thanks Tex for the input...and the site and yes I know its gonna be some hard work. But I would rather put out the work than the dough... ;D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have 2000 vfr and polished the wheels.Stripped them using the low odor aircraft stripper from autozone and polished with blue magic metal polish by hand and they turned out great.Use that stripper, I tried bix stripper first and it did not budge the paint.Take the tires off the wheels to just to be safe.It only took about four hours of work to do both wheels.You might want to get a shop manual for torque specs on reassembly.And go ahead and get your disc rotor bolts.Recommended to be replaced after every removal.It is well worth the effort and expense.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I just completed mine on my 02 VFR. It turned out great. I didn't even have to take the wheel off the rim. Looks awsome...