Summer X-country trip

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by russ189, Aug 30, 2009.

1. russ189

russ189 New Member

Well, got back from a decent trip a few weeks ago. Been staying away from the computer so I didn't post anything during the trip.

Started south of Houston. Destinations along the way included San Diego, Seattle, Glacier Nat. Park, Yellowstone Nat. Park, Arches Nat. Park, Telluride (CO), Oklahoma City, Clearwater (FL), Key West, and Fort Lauderdale.

Stayed in Ramona, CA for roughly 2 wks, Seattle for roughly 2 wks, and Clearwater, FL for a week or so.

A little over 13,000mi and 2 and a half months. Bike performed flawlessly and now has 47k on the odometer.

A few photos summarizing the trip. <<<< (Link, dunno if I successfully changed the color.)

Pretty much froze after leaving the San Diego area until I rode from Taos, NM to Oklahoma City. 107F through Amarillo.

Time for the next trip. Probably Terlingua, TX for the Chili Cookoffs in the beginning of Nov.

2. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Im so ready for another long trip I cant stand it!

3. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    Dude those pics are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm living in Hawaii right now so no long road trips for me. I plan on moving back to the mainland next year and am planning a trip from TN to the west coast. I can't wait.

4. russ189

russ189 New Member

Sounds like a good trip to look forward to. I've been meaning to plan a trip up to the Dragon in TN. Haven't made it yet though.