Suspension Set-Up.

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Patrycja, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Patrycja

Patrycja New Member

Map
    Hey there,

I got my suspension set-up accoring to my weight and it feels like a brand new motorbike!

On Labor Day, my friend and I finally decided to attack my Kaptain's (my 07' RWB) suspension. I bought bike couple months ago, used and therefore set-up for somebody else. I knew that something is not quite right because of the stiffness I could feel on the bumps. So, I sat on it and we measured everything up. BTW, for my 07' Interceptor suspension travel is 109mm for the front and 119mm for the rear. Front was spot on but the rear was close to the higher end of the range - therefore stiffness (if I remember it was close to 36mm). After bringing it down as much as possible, the bike feels like a dream. I probably could go to a lighter spring but for now, will leave it as is cuz I do have some luggage I will probably start using sooner or later.
    Anyhow, my point is - set up your suspension if you get a chance. It's made HUGE difference for the quality of the ride. We used the guidlines from Lee Parks' "Motorcycle Suspension Bible" ( RaceTech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible from Lee Parks Design Catalog ) and it's not too difficult - just need a friend who can lift ;)

I will try to add some specs from my notebook later on too in case any of you are around the same weight I am =)

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Good book to have in general and kudos for doing it the right way!

Cheers!

3. davjohns

davjohns New Member

As soon as I find a place here and get my stuff delivered, I have things I want to do to the bike. Getting the suspension straight is one. Thanks for the resource.