Swapping out Gen 6 front shock cartridge

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by VFR1200, Jun 24, 2019.

1. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    I generally ride two up. With me and the misses we are about 320 lb. The bike is non-ABS
    and I really notice her slide into me all the time. It doesn't matter if it is light braking or heavy, she moves into me. I have firmed up the rear, but nothing can be done to the front.
    Has anyone ever tried these yet and what did they think?
    When you order they set up the spring for how you ride, weight etc.
    I just want something to fix this front end.
    https://www.andreanigroup.com/produ...rtridge+Kit+for+Honda+VFR+800+(Showa+43+Fork)

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

I have them in my RVF400 forks. Contact Dave Behrends at Fast Bike Industries. He can hook you up and make them work for you.

VFR1200 likes this.
  3. Blackslide

Blackslide New Member

Finland
    My front felt too soft, and too slow to respond to road irregularities. Before going mega $$$ or €€€ in my case, I decided to try out basic progressive springs and new seals+fluids. The Bitubo springs, seals, fluids and work, should be around 350-400€.

I still don't know what to do with the rear. Apparently a stock ZX14 or R1 rear unit conversion is the cheap way to go. All the aftermarket options seem quite pricey.

I have the front shocks at the shop. I'll report on my findings, once I get the bike back together.

I haven't ridden 2-up on the bike, but inted to do so.

Riding on the storm

VFR1200 likes this.
  4. triharder

triharder New Member

United States
    I have a solution that worked great for me in the past.
    A carpet keeper. (the thing you put under a rug on a hard wood floor). You can buy them by the roll for less than 10 bucks. You wrap the passenger seat with this carpet/rug keeper. its completely removable and you hold it place by wrapping it under the seat.
    traveled 12k miles with my wife in 2011 & 2014 with this thing and it made every ride more comfortable for both of us.

it just provides a non-slippery surface for her to sit. She won't have to work as hard keeping herself from sliding forward.

(you're front end is going to dive at the transfer of weight and without something keep her i n place no amount of spring or preload/oil or dampening is going to stop that). Save yourself some money and try this first. (works on any bike as well).