Tank Bag - need suggestion

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by icing777, Aug 23, 2004.

1. icing777

icing777 New Member

Any thoughts on the magnetic bags that fit well and hold on tight on VFR800-03'?
    Thanks! ???

2. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

How big you looking for? My wife & I both use the Givi Tank Pocket. It will hold 2 cells, 2 wallets, & a disk lock with room left over.

http://store.azmusa.com/azmotorsports/magtanpoc.html

http://joerocket.com/catalog/item.cfm?products_id=217

Thats's actually a VFR in the Givi picture. If thats too small, any of the other bags Givi makes are sure to fit your requirements. I recommend Givi to anyone and as always AZ Motorsports is the best place to get it. There is a company called Ocelot that makes magnetic bags but I can't find a website for them, only Chaparral Motorsports. I hate Chaparral so I would not recommend asking for a free catalog from them. Joe Rocket makes one.

8) RIDE WELL 8)
    HWORTH

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I have this GIVI bag and I like it a lot. It has a clear map holder pocket and has pretty good storage space without being too big or obtrusive.
    http://store.azmusa.com/givt4midtanb.html

If you're looking for more storage space and aren't concerned about cost. Look at the Hondaline luggage. I have the full set, saddle bags and tail trunk, and really like them for big loads.

4. icing777

icing777 New Member

Thanks for the pointer, folks! I'll look it up! :D

5. Old_Codger

Old_Codger New Member

I have the Tourmaster Cortech set up. It's two bags that can zip together piggy back style, or be used independently. One bag is smaller than the other. A very versatile system. I have logged over six thousand miles with both bags zipped together and absolutely no problems. When using both bags they look quite tall, but I put them as far to the rear of the tank as I can with my chest right up against them. Really pretty comfortable and doesn't seem to effect my riding.

Old Codger

6. cohiba_chief

cohiba_chief New Member

When you say 2 cells, 2 wallets, do you not have problems with magnetic strip on credit cards and bank cards?

The GIVI website says these bags are not to be used for storing wallets?

Has anyone out there had problems with the magnetic properties of these bags? Surely the reason we use these is to empty our pockets of EVERYTHING including wallets, no?

7. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I regularly carry all these things, including a laptop, in a Joe Rocket magnetic tank bag - never had a problem.

8. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    Joe Rocket manta/Cortech Mini/Nelson- Rigg

I use a Cortech Mini on my VFR(good for phone, wallet, gloves, like a "man-purse" ,my son uses a Joe Rocket Manta that has a cell phone section and is slightly larger on his VTR 250, and my wife uses a Nelson-Rigg on her SV650that you can put a small family in!:drum:

All are magnetic and have seen extreme speeds without faling off. If you put magnetic bag on ground, make shure that nothing is sticking to it when you put it back on your tank. It will scratch the shit out of a great paint job (a bad one too!).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006