Teknic Chicane (Sport) Leather pants

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by WhiteKnight, Jun 25, 2008.

1. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Last year, after my crash which damaged my Icon TiMax textile pants, I got a pair of Teknic Chicane (Sport) leather pants. These pants come with knee pucks for those who like to drag a knee once in a while. The are also vented where your legs bend near your crotch. Being of small stature, I got a size 30. They fit well and are comfortable, unless its a billion degrees out, then they get a little warm when stopped or riding two-up. They also allow me to be able to move on the seat rather easily, which I think is a plus.

It comes with two zippers, one wrap around and one short back-side only zipper (Yes it has a zipper in the front so technically it has 3 zippers). This facilitates attaching a Tecknic jacket to the pants, if effect making it a two-piece suit.

I got these at Motosport.com for $200, which I think is a reasonable price. Why do I put the 'Sport' in parenthesis? Well, the image in the catalog has a Chicane and a Chicane Sport pant. The look a little different, but the pair I got (which was supposed to be the Chicane) looks more like the Sport. Maybe it was just a bad pic. Anyway, for $200, these pants have been well worrth the price. I got a Chicane Jacket too which I will give a review of later.

Pros:
    Great fit (imo)
    Affordably priced
    Mates up to other Teknic jackets
    Flows air at speed
    Doesn't stick to your seat allowing one to move around

Cons:
    Can be a bit hot when riding two-up (is that really a con?)

[​IMG]

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://lapi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EKServer&ai=vgdiza%7De&bdrcolor=666666&cid=0&eksize=1&encode=UTF-8&endcolor=FF0000&endtime=y&fbgcolor=EFEFEF&fntcolor=000000&fs=0&hdrcolor=FFFFCC&hdrimage=10&hdrsrch=n&img=y&lnkcolor=0000FF&logo=12&num=5&numbid=y&paypal=n&popup=y&prvd=9&query=Teknic+Chicane+leather+pants&r0=3&shipcost=n&siteid=0&sort=MetaEndSort&sortby=endtime&sortdir=asc&srchdesc=n&tbgcolor=FFFFFF&tlecolor=333333&tlefs=0&tlfcolor=FFFFFF&toolid=10004&track=5335977258&width=570"></script>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I just got some of these also. I don't know if sport or not but I got them for $150 shipped to my door. Can't beat that with a stick. They do get toasty in the crotch when it's 100+ out, though.

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I agree that in high temps they do get a bit warm.

4. someguy

someguy New Member

please advise who you ordered from. price sounds great