The Sandlot / Bike left me

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by SLOVFR, Mar 26, 2008.

1. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Well some where there and some have heard of my bikes decision for us to part ways. I will be the first to tell you I didn't see it coming and is a big shock! I thought we were closer and more committed, but alas I was wrong.

The day started out great, I get on her and she ran like a wild pony. We zipped, zagged and even joined in with others to play. I'm not sure what happen, maybe I gave her some bad gas at the fill up. Perhaps she was pissed cause I lost her key in Morro Bay? What ever the case may be the results are the same. I forgive her and I hope that someday, and someday soon, she will let me ride again....:pout:

It all started on this turn, in the shade and my eyes are looking at my exit strategy.
    [​IMG]

If you look past the two guys in the road, Tori and I, in between us you see the bike in the distance where mine about came to a rest. I think it was a half a mile or so, at least it felt that way

[​IMG]

The Sandlot as Jason called it, Or was it Sandtrap? I forget.

[​IMG]

And this is what she gets !!!

[​IMG]

GEAR and small scrapes are shown below. I dont think you can see anything on my forearm as it was so minimal. Like a scrape against a wall. I had on a Fieldsheer Glen Scott, A short sleeve shirt and a tee shirt, Joe Rocket 5.0 pants and a set of jeans on under that. A pair of Honda riding boots, nothing special and just got a few scrapes (forgot to take pics). Also had my San disk MP3 player in a holder around my left forearm thankfully!, Short pair of Alpine star carbon knuckle gloves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for Jason, Tori, Michael, Chis and to whoever else was there to help me out and get the bike out of the Sand Pit ! I was able to ride her home but a bit of skill is involved to ride a bike with no foot peg I'll tell ya!!

And if anyone has any 4 gen plastics they want to part with let me know. I need the left mid and upper fairings and a left foot peg!

Thanks for coming to this showing of the Sandlot, I hope you enjoyed your stay! :lever:

2. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    We're all just glad you were okay, and you both made up and were able to ride home. :smile:

3. NeverlosT

NeverlosT New Member

oh man. it is something we all worry about! I am so sorry it happened to you and your significant other. I hope she gets well and is able to play again soon.

4. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Glad you are OK brother!

Get a good picture of your fairings and send them to me, we may be able to repair them:)!

BZ

5. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    There's two 1995s on e-bay right now. I checked them last night. Fetching under $3K. There were lots of parts from a 94 recently too, but I think they ran their course to sale already.
    That's a hellacious amount of sand on that surface. I'm glad to see your gear did it's job for you!

6. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    we can rebuild her, better than before....

Cue Bionic Woman music.
    change to polyester clothing.

nanananananananana

Glad to see you are good, and she's more shook up than broke up. So was this avoidable by keeping the tires in the "rut"... how'd anyone get through this section before SLO-R-VFR?

7. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    The "sandbox" Brian! hahaha! I was just glad you could get up to laugh about it. I think the ole girl was pissed off because of you losing her key in Morro Bay....she didn't feel as if you loved her anymore.

Just always remember that it happened at "The Wood Cabin" Bri!

Attached Files:

8. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    man, looking at the pics it looks like a lot of sand on the road... I don't even remember seeing that much in the road... did you guys drag more out for an excuse or what! did you get the message about the bike for sale? also, hurry up and get back on so we can go teach that road a lesson...

9. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    The mid fair is trashed and parts are used for a kickstand plate now :biggrin:
    Although the upper fairing just wore down some plastic but no craks or breakage. The only thing anout having it repainted is the paint match? Anyone had good results with have the red matched up on the pearl 97?

Its a kind of a sweeping corner and the sand I hit was in the shade, never saw it as I was coming to it of course my eyes were on my exit not the sand I was about to hit. I guess I need to let my eyes dance around a bit more. Not like the track were everything is perfect. As far as everyone else made it though I can only say they are not riding as hard :biggrin: and took the easy line to the right :biggrin: . Iwas by myself in mid pack of the group and was trying to gain on Reg and the leaders when all went bad.

Yeah Reg, there was a farmer there with a tractor and well the rest is as you see. I could drive her without the side fairings if I wanted but shouldn't take too long to get what I need. But $37.00 for a foot peg is ridiculous!

I did forget to mention that I left my GIVI wing rack on and it was a wise decision as it took all of the punishment for the back and not a scratch on her tail !!

Thanks guys for your encouragement and Ill post up post pics when I get her back in shape! Again :redface:

10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Slo:

Check out www.color-rite.com for the paint match.

The base coat and top coat, a spray can of each should do your upper fairing.

Not cheap, but their products are pretty damn good!

BZ

11. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Definitely an endorsement of protective gear if there was one. Mind if I use these photos during my BRC in 3 weeks?

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

12. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Bubba, I did not know about them. It looks like to do it right and use all their product, adhesion, primer, base, pearl, clear I would be into it for $130.00. I would still have to build up my plastics and prep it for paint and then hope all comes out ok....Im not a very patient guy when painting things :). Or the new panel runs about $284.00. What to do ???

13. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map

No problem! I say post them all over the internet if you can. The more show and tell the better !!

14. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    By the way I didn't mention it but on the pic of the jacket sleeve I rolled up some paper and stuck it in there. So If you see white that is where my skin would be.... I usually wear long sleeve tee shirts under my jacket too. This day I didnt but came out ok thanks to the gear!

15. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    Definately alot better outcome than your last mishap !
    [​IMG]

Buy a new panel. (oh, and you are getting your stuff/pricing from Service Honda right?)

16. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yes so far Service Honda had the cheapest prices ... Im glad the sand wasnt that deep!

17. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    Ever think your bike was trying to tell you something??? Maybe she "HID" the key, rather than you losing it. She knew something was going to happen, and tried to protect you....but NOOOOO...you didn't listen to her.
    Glad you escaped with only "minor" damage.
    BTW, Check out www.mrcycles.com for the parts you need.

18. Taz

Taz New Member

Been there done that, glad your OK !

Dress for the Crash, not the Ride!
    Paid off here :wink:

19. XXFirefighter

XXFirefighter New Member

Let me know if you want me to check out that bike I sent you for sale... seems like a smokin deal with Corbin bags on it !

If you don't buy, I may have to!

20. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map

Thanks Ill try to listen better next time..... I checked out that place but they are about $20. per panel higher that Service Honda ... anyone work at a honda dealer want to get me a better deal??

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008