The seeker from Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NorthernFirepower, Feb 16, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NorthernFirepower

NorthernFirepower New Member

United States
    Map
    Hello all!

I'm a new member of the forum looking to learn more about the 5th gen VFR as I am currentlly seeking to buy one sooner than later. Previous bike was an '03 CBR600F4i that had been thru a wreck and I left naked and thru on some crash cages to have fun. It was a blast to ride ... a little too much fun maybe, so I sold her off in hopes of acquiring a 5th gen VFR in her place.

My wife rides a '97 CBR600F3, and that will be my crutch till I get a replacement.

I live in Clintonville, Wi and commute to Green Bay daily (40min trip) and am looking to commute on 2 wheels as much as possible and feel the VFR would be a better choice than another CBR. Either way, I'm not going without fairings again as they sure help on the cold days!

Well, thats why I'm here and I look forward to learning about the bikes and you guys also!

2. tmyoungjr

tmyoungjr New Member

Map
  3. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Fly into Philadelphia. I'll pick you up. Ride a mint (less than 3500 miles) 2001 Red VFR home. Interested?

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

4. jesusbuiltmyvfr

jesusbuiltmyvfr New Member

Howdy neighbor, I'm just north of the dells, we'll have to keep in touch for a summer ride. Welcome.

5. NorthernFirepower

NorthernFirepower New Member

United States
    Map
    Maybe next year :tongue:

Sounds oh so tempting :drool:

I'll have to give you a heads up if my wife and I travel your direction. Having 2 young daughters has really cramped our riding time, most of my miles consist of home to work n back :frown:

6. david.witteveen

david.witteveen New Member

Good luck in your search. I'd suggest you not write-off earlier generations of VFR's. I commute daily (about 40 mile round trip) on my '97 VFR750 (4th Gen). It's a fantastic commuter. Great performer. Other than routine maintenance, it's never given me a day of trouble.

7. huck731

huck731 New Member

my 85 has never failed me yet (minues the time I forget to turn the fuel on adn it dies by the time I hit the end of my street) I love about half way between madison and milwaukee. jesusbuiltmyvfr, where north of the dells? I have alot of family in the dell prairie/oxford area.