This Chaps my Hide

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by DANIMAL, May 14, 2008.

1. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

Hey guys,

I know this isn't Motorcycle related.
    But this really pisses me off. We have alot guy here who are serving their country as well as a bunch of Us Vets. this is real and we should send it to our elected officials and show them. I have nothing against protesting anything that you believe is wrong but this goes too far. The time has come to rally the troops

Click on this link

American Flag v. Mexican Flag - Netlore Archive:

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    lets start emigrating our lowlifes to Mexico. Then we can put up our flag there. And demand that they let our people go!

3. k9style00

k9style00 New Member

Map
    I didn't want anyone to know until now, but I've been illegally immigrating back and forth to Mexico for years looking for work and a place to make babies so they can become legalized Mexicans and get free healthcare and all the tamales they can eat. That'll teach those wetbacks. Then they're all gonna come here when they get old enough and take jobs away from the illegals Mexican's hear. Oh wait, would my kids be illegal's then too???

4. k9style00

k9style00 New Member

Map
    To follow up that last post from me. I don't resent Hispanics, Mexican's whomever. Only the ones that disrespect this country. I don't even mind the illega's so much, since I do believe that most are decent, hard working, respectable people that do provide honest service. You do hear stories of the illegals that cause problems, etc. , but no more so than all the legal white, black, etc ethnicities that live in the US. So the last post wasn't meant to be racist, just funny. Let's face it, who else could I find to do my landscaping at a reasonable price??

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    personally I'm not too offended by it. I am a veteran but the flag is just a symbol for our country. People bled and died for our freedom, not our flag. If having freedom means I have to occasionally see someone who feels trampled upon do something I think is tacky, then so be it. Now that being said, I have the right to set their flag on fire to show my disgust if I so choose. :smile:

6. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    I'm not sure that I agree with the sentiment... I consider myself fairly patriotic and I display a flag on my house... But it's important that we not forget that our veterans are not defending and/or fighting for our flag, but our ideals, and our freedom.. Being an American is not easy... A great speech in a movie that I find very moving is:

"America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that..."

These people are protesting that which they feel is wrong...

I'm sure I will get lots of flack and be told how unpatriotic I am... But the fact of the matter folks is that America is more than just a flag... It's an Ideal... And a damned good one at that... These people are actually protesting that Mexicans would not be allowed to become American citizens... What are we showing them by our attitude?

I love America.... Home of the Brave... Land of the free.... My patriotism is more than just a flag.... My relatives fought and died for this country not for a flag but for the ideal.....

It's not just a flag... The US like it or not is a melting pot.. It is that which makes it the America we love... A recent protest on this very issue was described:
    The marchers mustered in a neighborhood settled by the Dutch, crossed a bridge designed by a German, and finished in a square at the edge of Chinatown in an area that once held the Irish slums depicted in the 2002 film "Gangs of New York."

On the way, they passed the Statue of Liberty, hot dog carts run by Middle Easterners, taxis driven by Russians and police officers speaking Chinese.

More than 10,000 people flooded Foley Square, turning it into a sea of colorful banners and echoing noise. The crowd came dressed in the colors of Mexico, Uruguay and Ecuador, but just as many draped themselves in red, white and blue."

Do I not get it? am I unpatriotic? Am I not American enough? I don't think so but I'm willing to bet many would disagree because of my stance on this.... I'm going to go ride my bike that is made in Japan and after that I will watch BBC America... LOL

Maybe we should all take a lesson from a line said by the "Big Toe" Sgt Hulka:
    "Lighten up Francis"

7. PuCaudata

PuCaudata New Member

Map
    The flag is just a symbol...people's service is real. All the vets and active service members on this site know that. You will defend a nation that occasionally doesn't like you very much. That's fine...they don't have to be your buddy for you to do your job.

And please, for the love of all that is worth fighting for...do NOT take this simple act of disrespect and tackiness as a reason to be bigoted towards the Hispanic population in the U.S. Most are great people just like most other people in this country that comprise other racial groups. Most want a chance at a better life and are trying to seek it here via applied effort in being a productive citizen.

Being from an ethnicity that is regularly depicted as less intelligent or less willing to work in support of a better life, I know first hand how public opinion can become skewed unnecessarily very quickly.

That's all I'm going to say on this subject. If you want to comment on my post, do so privately or expect no response. I will NOT get into a flame-fest with any of you. Period dot.

8. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    Darn! There went MY plans for the day! :soapbox: Guess I'll have to go lecture the cats and see if they listen to me for a change...:smile:

Sorry, bud. Couldn't help myself.

9. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Very good point Salamander! Groups of people are not good or bad. Only individuals can be good or bad.
    Generalizations will always get you in trouble.

10. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    I have plenty to say about this post but I will keep my mouth shut to maintain peace in the VFRWorld family.

11. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    Those pictures and ranting substantiate little IMHO.
    If you want to educate yourself on the effects of immigration get some real data.

Read this:
    The New Americans: Economic, Demographic, and Fiscal Effects of Immigration

Half way down the link you'll get to the material for free.

Yes, it’s long, but if you care at all about knowing how you are impacted by illegal immigration, read it. I’d suggest sections 5, 6 and 7 to see how it hits you in the pocketbook. I've read it and quoted it to every local govenment representative in Indiana.

Next time you think about the steal you got on your landscaping/roofing/house cleaning etc job, remember that every first generation illegal that had a hand in your good deal took you for the amounts in Table 7.5.

That’s right! If they don’t have high school education their individual fiscal impact is a NEGATIVE $89,000! Their kids can’t even make up the difference when they are working; it’s still a net negative $13,000. The only set with a positive impact is those with college educations. Think that guy in your garden or on your roof has his bachelors degree? You might as well take that savings from that cheap landscaping job and pour it into your property taxes to handle the welfare bill, hospital bill, illegal descendant’s education, etc. Hmmmm.... Probably should have done that landscaping yourself and wrote a $50,000 check to Mexico and been money ahead.

Now do you know why legal immigration brings the educated to your country?

Remind me why I should be complacent as I MUST to select that English or Espanol button at the ATM? Your complacency is costing me and my daughter! Stand up “sheeple” for LEGAL immigration.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  12. VsVFR

VsVFR New Member

Map
    Vlad you don't happen to know a presidential candidate by the initials RP do you? Or does Revolution ring a bell with you? If you don't, then never mind, if you do, then Nice to meet you.

I don't believe that any one ethnicity should ever be dipicted as less intelligent or less willing to work, every human has the ability to learn and the choice to make to work or not. And I don't disagree with immigration or immigrants, without either this country would still be populated with Native Americans. What I do disagree with is completely unprotected borders and amnesty to all. There are channels available for coming to America people use them every day. And honest, intelligent and hard working people are turned away, put on waiting lists or outright denied admittance to the US on a daily basis, while thousands of illegal immigrants waltz across the border unnoticed. All 3 (ha ha) Presidential candidates are in favor of allowing illegal immigrants amnesty, while at the same time enforcing immigration law about as much as it is enforced today, so the problem will only get worst.

I have several Hispanic, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese friends and co-workers that have all come to this country by legal channels. Being angry with illegal immigrants is no different than being angry at drug dealers or lying politicians or any other person who gains from doing something illegally when other people are expected to follow the laws.

Soapbox unplugged.

Vs

13. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    Vs, I hear you and I unfortunatley feel your pain about presidential choices as they concern illegal immigration issues.

I am increasingly paying attention to the local political landscape. I plan on being heard by my local reps, no matter who has the oval office. Where the rubber meets the road you always have a voice. Got to love this country!

14. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

IT IS NOT ABOUT WHAT THEY DID TO THE FLAG. iT IS ABOUT ILLEGAL iMMIGRATION. Sorry if that wasn't clear to everyone. We are being invaded, America is a country of Laws. If one law does not have to be enforced how much of a stretch is it not to enforce any other law. Vlad & VsVFR are right. this cannot go unanswered. It is not about ethnicity it is about our survival as a nation. I come from legal immigrants I do not consider myself a blank-american I am an American. Wake up Sheeple. I know who RP is. Too bad he doesn't stand a chance.

15. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Damn, this is an oldie! I remember right when this happened....apparently, a bunch of farm worker/immigrants were protesting rights or something, and they put the flag up on this high school while the kids were locked inside or something. It was something of that nature....happened a while ago, so I am rusty on it, but something to that extent. The school admin put out statement that they did not do that, and never would or something.