Throttlemeister

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Britt, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Britt

Britt New Member

I have to give a big thumbs up to Throttlemeister!

I tried to get a Vista Cruise to work, but was never happy with it even after Dremel-ing it to fit with my Pro-Grips. My grip heaters only made it more of a headache. I considered the NEP throttle lock but decided that I liked the concept of the Throttlemeister enough to justify the roughly $120 cost.

If you are not familiar with the Throttlemeister:

"Once you've mounted the Throttlemeister bar ends to your bike, they work like this: All of the workings of the Throttlemeister are inside the bar end itself. Once mounted, you turn the whole bar end in the same direction as opening the throttle. A piston moves in and out of the Throttlemeister itself and puts friction against the throttle tube, which in turn counteracts the throttle return spring. When installed properly, the Throttlemeister will not completely lock the throttle. You can always override the Throttlemeister in any situation. If you need to stop quickly you can just grab the throttle and turn it off."

[​IMG]

I ordered it on Monday morning, and the package was in my hands by noon on Wednesday (mailed from Milwaukee to Chicago). Installation took about 20 minutes - about half of which was due to experimenting with different washer combinations to get the correct spacing for the throttle to respond properly and either hold or release the throttle.

These things are beautifully machined, and look terrific when installed. The action of the unit on the throttle side is really smooth and gives a feeling of quality that cannot be ignored. Best of all, it is a drop in replacement for the bar end weights, so there is nothing to interfere with the fuel tank, a tank bag, etc.

The Throttlemeister is a bit pricey, but after seeing the quality and mechanics of it in use, it was worth it to me.

So, anyone need a barely used (but slightly Dremel-ed) Vista Cruise? :smile:

2. SCraig

SCraig New Member

They are very, very nice once you get accustomed to working them. I did a long trip over the weekend and honestly would have been in agony without mine. Unlike the Vista Cruise and NEP models the tension can easily be adjusted from fully locked to just enough to ease the throttle return spring by how much you turn it.

3. 300shooter

300shooter New Member

Huge thumbs up on the throttlemiesters:sportbikesmile: They are definitely worth the extra couple bucks, evryone that sees me riding and relaxing my throttle hand comes up and asks about them.

4. kd4ysi

kd4ysi New Member

United States
    Map
    ive goot a throttle rocker now but want one of them also so i can lock the throttle open on trips