Too HIgh a Price to ask for my three 1986 & 1987 VFRs??

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by pvVFR, Apr 4, 2020.

1. pvVFR

pvVFR New Member

United States
    HI,

I have my 1987 VFR for sale, plus two parts bikes (one 87, one 87), for $1,800 OBO on Facebook Marketplace. I cannot get anyone to even come look at them. I have had only one inquiry in the past 5 months - is $1,800 OBO too much? The one 1987 does run.

Anyway, I am curious what your thoughts are for the price I am asking.

Thanks.

2. straycat

straycat Member

United States
    Map
    Somewhat depends on the condition and the mileage, what size/cc are they ?, but ill go out on limb and say that you re price may be too high. $1800 USD, thats $2500 Canadian, I wouldn't pay $2500 CAD for an average VFR and 2 parts bikes.

I may consider $1000-1500 depending on condition etc as I said above.

You may also need to ensure you have good pictures and an accurate description of the bikes condition , size /cc etc, how are the tanks (rust inside)? , tires ?, paint, seats etc.

Again, its hard to tell if its a fair price without more information and pictures.

3. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    It is hard to say..... some may not want a project, only us diehards. Most don't have the skills nor want to dedicate the time. I was given a bike in a basket, I knew it was all there, just needed an engine. Spent tons of hours cleaning and reassembling (I know the bike intimately), picked up a low miler engine for C$1200. It ran perfectly and I sold it for $4500. I'd say I did just OK..... having said all that I don't know exactly what you have, but feel the market is limited outside of an enthusiasts forum. Spreading the word here is good, perhaps put up a for sale ad here and be patient. If the '87 is in good shape and running, bonus.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    as mentioned, if one starts and runs and you have good pictures, lower your price a bit and see what happens. when i was trying to sell my good-running '86 700 last summer i found very few people interested. i started asking $1650 and finally lowered to $1300 b4 a deal got done.

your price is ok, but the number of riders interested in our old bikes has shrunk in the last few years.