Travel Registry

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by SCraig, Aug 23, 2009.

1. SCraig

SCraig New Member

This should probably be in a different forum area but I figured I'd start it here. Mods, if it needs to be moved feel free to do so.

One of my friends frequents an FJR forum and they have a Travel Registry in the form of a PDF file that contains names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. of members in other parts of the country that can be called upon for information or help when the need arises. The V-Strom forum I frequent has something similar, but a PDF file that can be printed and carried along on a trip can really be handy to have around.

Maybe there is something like that on here somewhere but if it is I missed it and I apologize.

I'd be more than happy to keep up with the list if people are interested. I'm interested in what people would see as necessary "Rules" but to keep things simple here is what I see:

1. DO NOT POST INFORMATION HERE!! Email it to me or send me a PM and I'll add it to the list but in the interests of preventing personal information from becoming public knowledge DO NOT post it here!!

2. Only provide information you don't mind others having because it will be provided to other members. If you don't want people to know where you live then don't include your address. If you don't want people to have your telephone number or email address then don't include it. I'll include on the list whatever information is provided, but how much anyone wants to provide is entirely up to them.

3. I will keep a current list on my web site in a directory that is not shown as a link on any other page, and I won't post the link here. That way it shouldn't show up in any search engines and it shouldn't become public knowledge. I can't guarantee that the information won't get out though so be judicious what you include. Keeping it on my web site will make it available to people who know where it is as long as they can get to the internet. That way if you break down in Nowhere, USA and don't have a printed copy you can go to a library or something, get on the internet, and see who is nearby.

4. I'll email the location of the file to anyone who sends me information for the list. If you are on the list, you get to know where it is. If you aren't on the list, it's a secret ;)

If you email me the information and don't want your email address included on the list be sure and let me know in the email.

Oh, one more thing: Anything you send me goes on the travel registry list and that's all. I don't sell email addresses, I don't send out spam, I don't do telemarketing. Someone else might but I don't. You have my word on that.

Fair enough? More rules? Fewer rules? Let me know, I'm easy.

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    nice Idea.....