troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by motohockey, Apr 13, 2019.

1. motohockey

motohockey New Member

Canada
    Map
    ABS light blinking during my first very short spring test ride, wasn't blinking when put away in the fall, worked on suspension and cleaned, bled brakes during winter, took it out today and ABS light blinking....suggestions where to start? 2009 6th GEN VFR

2. Diving Pete

Diving Pete Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    count the blinks - it actually is an error code that will help you diagnose it yourself.

3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    There is a plug, it could be blue, under your seat - You need to short it with either a wire jumper or paperclip. At that point, you can count the number of blinks - a longer blink could be counted as 10 possibly, it would help if you have your FSM too. Number of blinks corresponds to particular error code. Good luck. You could check out the wheel sensors maybe you knocked one when you were doing the brakes? Just a thought

4. motohockey

motohockey New Member

Canada
    Map
    Yeah, I got the manual out and stated studying the whole process and got "depressed" right away. I do a fair bit of work on my bike but those 13 codes intimidated me! However, I did as you said and checked the wheel sensors and rings to see if I did do any damage and they looked fine so I went out for another short ride (5 celsius here in Montreal) and lo and behold...no flashing light, ABS functioning properly, I think. So,??? who knows??

You wouldn't be interested in a brand new OEM shock for your bike, would you? Its for a 6th Gen VFR with ABS and remote preload adjuster. I'm hoping to get $335 American. Retail price in Canada is $650 CDN/$490 USD

Enjoy the ride...