trying to order a replacement fuel cut relay, BUT!!!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by get out of town!, Jan 14, 2009.

1. get out of town!

get out of town! New Member

Hello everyone. After going thru the mighty haynes manual to troubleshoot my dear future track bike. I found that the fuel cut relay is not working on the bike. I have tried to look it up on microfische for the part, however, all I can find is a starter relay. It looks like my guy. But I can't be sure. Under the wiring harness drawing it shows four (4) of these. But they are not marked any other way. Would anyone know if all relays used on this bike are the same?

Details: 1998 vfr800fi
    orginal fuel cut relay is marked with: from top going down to pin: 12V NO RC-2208 MITSUBAjapan 7YB-

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    ELIMINATE the fuel pump relay with a jumper wire.........u REALLY don't need it.

3. get out of town!

Jumping jesus on a pogo stick.

That easy huh? Thank you for your input. It has 4 terminals on it. The Haynes manual doesn't exactly explain what they all are. If you have any further info I would appecaite it. Thanks again for your help.

4. get out of town!

Question answered.

The part called a fuel cut relay in Haynes manual for a 98 honda vfr800fi is called a starter relay under honda diagrams. The relay itself will be marked as RC-2208. The honda part no. to replace it is:
    SKU: 38501-GN2-014
    RELAY, STARTER (MITSUBA) (Honda Code 3030079)

This part is used for many relays on many different bikes. Turn signal relay, headlight relay, FUEL CUT RELAY.

I just needed some sleep before I searched the net for my answer.

Now to hope that that is all that is wrong with the fuel system.

Thank you all for your imput. Rob :ncb:

5. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
    Aftermarket..... DB Electrical 240-54035. I know nothing about them..... perhaps swap in your headlight relay and use it for FI, use this one for headlights if you're in a pinch.