Tucson ride, 2-16 and, or 17?

Discussion in 'USA - Southwest' started by cruzinaz, Feb 13, 2007.

1. cruzinaz

cruzinaz New Member

Map
    Theres gonna be a couple of us, or more that are going both days, head south I am sure, found a couple more roads that seem to be calling us. Friday will be a shorter day for me, but Sat a full day of fun. This has been posted on vfrd also, come on out and ride with us, I know there has to be more Tucson riders out there. :biggrin:

2. cruzinaz

cruzinaz New Member

Map

Hmmm:confused: so all the tucson riders still must have their bikes "winterized" and in storage. :rolleyes: I'll check back when it gets warmer :biggrin:

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

I'm going to be scouting roads 'down south' friday for a group ride of friends from the peoples republic of kalifornia next month. Wanna make sure I don't take 'em down dirt roads on thier baggers. Wanna check out Gleeson road from Tombstone to El Frieda and 83 from Sonoita to Palominas. The road from Continental to 83 through Greaterville.

4. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

Damn, I got shit goin on on Saturday. I can ride on Sunday though. If anyone wants to go for a ride on Sunday, let me know. Have fun Sat. boyz - I am jealous.

5. cruzinaz

cruzinaz New Member

Map
    what time are you gonna go? give me a call, cell is 990-8560, always lookin for more roads to explore. Tombstone is always fun, (specially for your bagger buds)

waiting to hear from a couple others to see if they can get some time to ride, later, Kent

6. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

Just got home from 512 miles of 'scouting'. I'm tired!
    Left Phx at 0500 and headed south.
    Exited 10 to the 19 s got off at Valencia and headed East to the 10 again. Looking for a route on the southern edge of town as an option.
    Headed to Sonoita then south on 83 until the pavement ended at Parker Canyon.
    Detour to the west to see if you could cross to Amado from Madera Canyon. Pavement ends about 4 miles in.
    Slid through some ice at Canelo on the way in, it had melted by the time I came out. Tried Cimmaron rd but it ended at the southwest gate of Ft Huachuca (sp) and is no through road.
    Back out 83 North to Elgin rd and up to 82.
    Know where everything goes east of there so headed west on 82 to Nogales and up 19 to Arrivaca rd.
    Over the bump west through Arrivaca to 286 and up to 3 Points. East to Sandario rd north to Avra Valley and on 10 back home.

Found some really fun roads, they just aren't 'through' roads.

I'm gonna take a nap, now.