two brothers exhaust

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by westbrookhvac, Feb 6, 2003.

1. westbrookhvac

westbrookhvac New Member

I love the look of the two bros. high mounts and am considering either the slip on or the full system. I am looking for opinions on which way to go? I have a d&d slip on now. 2001 VFR 800

2. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

The only thing I would consider is whether you are comfortable with elimination of the O2 sensors in the header pipes down by the catalytic convertor. TwoBros will tell you to just pull them and zip tie them in a baggie out of the way. Some people have done it and seem okay with it. It bothers me because the bike's injection system is designed to have those sensors in place. I have yet to hear or read anything from anyone that can actually state what effect removing the sensors has on the system. To those people that say "no effect", get real. Iif they had no effect, they would not have been included. Honda doesn't do that kind of stuff. On the other hand, there have been some folks that have welded new sensor mounts on the TwoBros pipes so that they can keep the sensors. That requires that you can either do some welding yourself or have access to someone that can do it for you.

If at any time in the future you are sure you will want the full system, then go ahead and get it now. If you buy the header pipes later without a pipe, the total cost for the headers and pipe will be a good deal higher than if you buy them together.

The other thing to consider is that even with the fuel injection trying to compensate, the bike will run a little more lean than in stock trim if you put the pipe on the bike (with or without the header). As the bikes already come pretty lean from the factory, this may actually hurt your performance. I had a PCII installed on our 98 VFR after the full TwoBro low mount with a K&N air filter. You can see all the details on my website in the PRESENT section. Scroll down a little and look for the link under the MODS section. The 98-99's did not have the sensors or the convertor, so it was an easy decision for me ;-) The bike rocks now!

Adios,

3. ventdiver

ventdiver New Member

Hi Scott,

Just wondering if you would be willing to upload your PC II map to your site... I have the same exact setup and there are no maps available through dynojet as you most likely know. If you would rather not due to your investment in the tuning time I understand, but if you could do it I would greatly appreciate it.

;D

Mike Henry

4. LMFIRE629

LMFIRE629 New Member

Map
    Hey Guys

I did the whole thing, headers to the pipe, full exhaust, Two Bros with the C-5 Oval carbon, and I did put the 2 o2 sensor elimanators on. I did have to buy them from where I bought my Power Commander, I am still running the stock map without the PCII installed. I feel that I have the same power maybe a little more as stock but I feel a big differnce in weight. I do feel that the bike is running a little richer (fat) due to the lack of o2 sensors. And Scott, I am also running the K&N air filter, so If you could post that map on your site, it would be real cool.
    Thanks
    John B
    2000 VFR 800

5. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

With my recent post about having a custom PCII map made for our 98 VFR, I have had quite a few inquiries about sharing the map. The issue of getting it for free or having to pay seems to be a sticky one for some people. So here is my simple solution.

I laid out $250 and an entire weekend to have it done. That being said, I am still willing to let the map go for free. But, if you use it and like it, I would appreciate any donation, in any amount, to help recover that cost. However, the donation is not required and I won't ever have any way of knowing if you downloaded the file or not. So don't worry about what I will think of you if you don't make a donation ;)

Just visit the PRESENT section of my website and scroll down to the mods and look for the write up on the install of the PCII. The link to the file is at the bottom of the page. You might want to take a minute to read the comments I put there about the file. That section has the header of "The Map". Enjoy.

Maybe, just maybe, if I get enough donations, I'll do the PCIII on my 01 VFR and have a custom map made ;D

Adios,

6. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

Hey John, I am not sure you will want this map. The 2000 model has a slightly different FI system. I don't think it would hurt your bike, but it may not make it run any better. But it might be worth trying. Just a thought.

Adios,

7. Jake

Jake New Member

Tried to download the map, but the link didn't work (404 file not found).

Great site, by the way! Lots of useful VFR stuff.

Jake

8. Tourmeister

Tourmeister New Member

Howdy,

It seems my ISP has finally caught up with me. I have long been over my alloted disk quota but they never seemed to care (for the last few years!). Apparently, within the last day or so they have capped my site. I tried deleting a bunch of stuff to get more room but that did not help. I have no idea where they have capped me or how much stuff I'd have to remove to get any more free space. I may have to just break down and actually sign up for a hosting service. This account is a leftover from the days when you got 5MB of diskspace with your dial in account :D I think I am up somewhere in the neighborhood of 400Mb right now. I guess all good things must come to an end :-/ I've no idea if this is permanent. Right now I don't have the spare funds to setup another account. I will see what I can do. In the mean time, drop me an email and I can send you the file directly if you are interested.

98-VFR800@Softhome.net

Adios,