Two-up Tour sat. 9/22/07

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by sqrly, Sep 6, 2007.

1. sqrly

sqrly New Member

Map
    Two-up Tour
    Saturday 9/22/07
    Grab a partner and let’s go for a ride!

Meet at the PETRO truck stop in Rochell, IL. (Corner of I39 and RT38)
    9:30am, we roll out at 10:00am SHARP!!!

The pace on the majority of this ride will be 60-70mph. We will be in the country most of the time so I expect the group to spread out and not follow to close. I will stop and regroup at all road changes. There will be a designated back-marker to make sure nobody gets lost.

This ride will be about 400mi. passing through Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin. The scenery will be beautiful so bring a camera. The day will be long and some of the rest stops will not have any food or beverages so try to find a practical way to carry water for you and your passenger. It is probable that we will be finishing the ride on I39 shortly after dark, so I STRONGLY recommend bringing warmer clothes for when the temps drop. I have found it is better to be over dressed during the day so your not freezing as the sun goes down. The temps can drop 20+ deg. in the valleys. You have been warned!

I will have more stops than on a normal ride for photo op’s and stretching. Expect a stop every 30-45min. Gas every 75-100mi. or when convenient.

This is a TWO-UP ride (meaning bring a passenger). Do NOT expect to drag your knee like my other rides, this is a smell the roses type of ride.

Recommended gear;
    Helmet
    Jacket
    Lightweight long-sleeved shirt
    Riding gloves
    Blue jeans, full length
    Leather boots or shoes that cover the ankle
    Glasses clear and tinted
    Basic tool kit.
    Valid, license, insurance and registration.