VF1000R Tail Light Mount Bracket

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by jdm_db2, Jun 29, 2011.

1. jdm_db2

jdm_db2 New Member

Hey guys, I hate to do it this way, and if it's against the rules, that's just the way she goes. I am in dire need of the bracket that mounts the taillight and turn signals for an 85 or 86 VF1000R. I have tried every salvage yard I can, and the part is not available new anymore. There is one on Ebay, but I'd like to find it elsewhere if I can.

Does anybody here have any spare VF1000R parts that they'd be willing to sell to a fellow VF-Nut?

2. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Keep in mind the 85 and 86 brackets are different. On the 86, the tail light is mounted to the rear cowl.

3. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    That is one spare part I don't have, otherwise I'd let you have it. What about having one fabricated?

4. jdm_db2

jdm_db2 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Capitan 80's:
    You are right, they are different, and that is what had me so confused. My bike is an 86, and has the bracket that the blinkers mount to. I work in a salvage yard, and located a tail piece that is in better condition than mine, but it turns out it was from an 85. My 86 tail has the taillight mounts, and a larger viewing hole for the rear brake reservior. Since my 86 tail has every mount broken, I am going to continue looking for the 85 taillight mount.

StewartJ239:
    You say you have lots of extra parts. I am looking for the left side grill piece. The black one that says "Gear Driven Cams". I also need either the entire solo-cowl, or just the pad. I have a cowl that is in good shape, but it is missing the pad. The one other tough to find piece is the oil dipstick cover. The one that is on the fairing.

Thanks for the help.

5. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I have parts, but none of those. Everything you have listed is next to impossible to find. Keep looking though. Over the years, I've been lucky and acquired some hard to find stuff such as new in the box gas tanks for the '86 500 and 750 as well as a new upper cowl for the 500. Good luck with your search.

6. captb

captb New Member

United States
    Map
    Best to do what I did when I needed a hard to find VFR700 Centerstand...they were a optional part. I emailed everyone I could find with VFR700 parts for sale (ebay, craigslist etc) in a couple days my part was on the bike. Good luck!

7. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

i think i have one i will need to look here in a couple weeks when i get home i will let u know

8. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

where abouts u live

9. jdm_db2

jdm_db2 New Member

Dang guys, thanks for the help. I'm in Minnesota (zip 55315).