VFR ECU Operation once a PCV or Bazzaz is fitted

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RothmansVFR, May 30, 2021.

1. RothmansVFR

RothmansVFR New Member

Australia
    Not sure if anyone can answer this question or not, but I would be interested to know if anyone does know the answer.

When connecting any sort of fuel computer to the VFR ECU, we remove the O2 sensors, which is meant to cause the Honda ECU to then recognise that the O2 sensors are there, but somehow make the Honda ECU stay with a constant fuel map that doesn't change or try to go into closed loop when cruising to get better fuel economy with a AFR of around 14.6 to 1.

With a standard ECU and the O2 sensors connected etc. The bike then can go into closed loop, but also, from my understanding, the ECU will also make adjustments to the fueling according to air temperature and height about sea level etc etc. I believe the ECU does adjust fuel according to air temp as I noticed in winter, the bike uses more fuel (open highway cruising) than it does in summer.... its very noticeable just how much extra in fact..

So my question is this...

With the O2 sensors removed and replaced with the resistors and then installing a piggyback ecu such as the PCv or Bazzaz Zfi, does the standard Honda ECU still make adjustments to the fueling when it senses a change in air temperature or air pressure - being height above sea level?