VFR for beginner

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by jaydiggidy, Jun 4, 2006.

1. jaydiggidy

jaydiggidy New Member

Hey all, I am a beginner rider, and have read alot about the VFR400. I have gathered that it handles magnificently, and has a wide power band. My question is: during day to day city driving, would it compete with its big brothers (600's and 750's) or will it just get spanked like morning wood? Any input would help. Thanx.

2. TechNomad

TechNomad New Member

Map
    G'day Jay:

I think the VFR 400 will do fine for your use case. Go for it. A 600 or 750 will be faster but less nimble, and you'll still be faster than the vast majority of cages. This should be a great city bike.

Regards,
    Steve

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Plus, if your insurance company is like my insurance company, the lower the displacement the lower the rate...

4. skidvicious

skidvicious New Member

Map
    VFR400 - Nice!

Hi Jay, a lady I know down this way has a VFR400 and she rides the track days as well as a day trip or two - let me tell you keeping up with her in the corners is not easy! She is no slouch on the straights either so have a ball but ride safe.

PS the lady in question is 54 years old (hope I ride as well as she does when I'm that age!).

Cheers,

Skid

5. jaydiggidy

jaydiggidy New Member

Thanks all!

I think I've made up my mind to go ahead and buy the VFR. I found a website that will completely customize a bike for you for a reasonable price. The site is: www.asiatradingonline.com. Check it out. Anyone have any advice as far as "quickening it up a little"? Let me know if you like the site.

6. falcon186

falcon186 New Member

Map
    Hey Jay.

As a beginner rider get to know your bike first how it handles etc... don't be one of the statistics of speeders.If those other bikes who wants to race at intersection let them go ,don't get intimidated by them reving their bike.But if your set on putting more horses just becareful and test your bike on track rather than on the streets. remember cops are around and insurance will sky rocket..

Ride safe / stay vertical.