VFR Sargent Seat Review, Fifth Generation

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by RAL0055, Dec 6, 2010.

1. RAL0055

RAL0055 New Member

Map
    Hello Everyone,

Here's a review of the Sargent Seat for the fifth-generation VFR. I'm doing a series on a budget VFR (1998) build, and am hoping this story and others will be useful.

Please give me some opinions on other products you see fit to make this VFR one super sport-touring machine.

Best,

Ron

Seat Review:

Honda VFR: Sargent Seat | Review | Motorcycle News

2. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    Thanks for the good write-up. If SUPER sport-touring is what your after then perhaps an inexpensive but solid aftermarket suspension (racetech, etc) would be a nice addition. GPS on the touring side, or a Two Bros high mount exhaust for meaner than it actually is, uncorked V4 sound.

3. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map

4. RAL0055

RAL0055 New Member

Map
    Thanks Havcar and PorscheBob...

Havcar, as for the exhaust, I'm going to try remaining as quiet as possible. It came with an Erion exhaust, but after riding a stock bike it doesn't seem like it did much. But I still haven't put a PC Commander on it.

PorscheBob, thanks for the footpeg recommendation! I've never heard of those until now. I'm also going with a Throttlemeister in the future, and am actually doing a review on the Sport Saddlebags/tail pack as we speak! I don't pack much, and I still want to be able to easily remove the luggage for some sportier riding.

Again, thanks guys,

Ron

5. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map
    Ron,

The reason I ended up with the "Sport" version of the Cortech bags was muffler clearance.

I tried the larger "standard" version but found the muffler clearance to be very marginal.

I forgot to mention that I also use a Bagster Tankbag from France. Very high quality,

very efficient, but a high price.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  6. nitronorth

nitronorth New Member

Nice report. I have one on my 00, and while I never had a problem on my stocker, even on the 2000km non stop day trips I take twice a year, I still like the sargeant. I like the looks even more I think than the feel..:) My bike with stock bars and shield works great for me with either seat as I usually lay on the tank on the long rides and thats why neither seat is a problem as the buttox doesnt have much pressure on it this way. Sit up straighter, take away the wind lift with big shield and then its more noticeable than the stocker. If you ride upright you will certainly notice the Sargeant !
    Will see bout one for my difference 02..