VFR Toolkit?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by azsmp, Mar 21, 2008.

1. azsmp

azsmp New Member

Map
    Can anyone tell me where I can purchase (other than the dealer)the optional larger toolkit for my 06 VFR? In order to keep the price low, my dealer sells the bike w/o a toolkit.

2. benjammer

benjammer New Member

3. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    if you are looking for the preload wrench it is not in the cruz tools benjammer points out (thought they are nice sets :thumb:).

you might just watch ebay for an earlier sixth gen set when tools were tools.

4. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map
    That is total bullshit! You tell that crappy salesperson that the tool kit is always
    included in the sale at no extra cost.

If they give you any crap then contact Honda headquarters in southern California
    and also try to get the name of the district rep and contact that person as well.

I think you should post the name of the dealer so other potential buyers will know
    what a crappy business practice they are doing.

Let us know if you have any success.

Bob (former Honda Sales Mgr.)

5. benjammer

benjammer New Member

AZS...did yours come with the preload wrench? Mine did, and that was it. From what I've read on this forum, most all (late model) come with a preload wrench.

I agree with Porche, they should all come with a tool kit!

I bought this nifty little jewl for about $15 from the local BMW Bike shop.

Attached Files:

6. Phuqet

Phuqet New Member

I just bought an 08', and it came with the preload wrench but no other tools. I don't think the dealer held back on me.

There are many kits out there, or just make your own. I use a Stanley torque screwdriver with hex heads and metric sockets that fit into the handle. Couple that with a nice leatherman-type multipurpose tool, some strong electrical tape and a good tire pressure gauge and you can handle most roadside situations short of major service.

Phuqet

7. ALLSHOTUP

ALLSHOTUP New Member

I just bought a 2006 NEW/UNUSED model with 0 miles and it did not come with the Spanner wrench tool kit. In fact when you check the Honda Microfiche it says that this kit is sold as extra. It did however come with the wrench that adjust the chain etc...

If anyone else knows how to get the extra kit I would be interested as I have heard price ranges from 60.00 - 100.00.

thanks!
    Eric

8. MonkeyNuke

MonkeyNuke New Member

The "EconoKIT® M2" seems reasonably priced and appears small enough to fit somewhere underneath the seat.
    Anyone ever buy CRUZTOOLS?

9. jeff8478

jeff8478 New Member

Call me stupid :confused:, but what's a pre-load wrench?

10. v4pwr

v4pwr New Member

Map
    i looked at bike bandits website they only have the tools for the chain adjust

11. v4pwr

v4pwr New Member

Map
    its a special wrench you use to set the preload on the rear spring

12. base341

base341 New Member

I got no tools with my new bike.. nothing.
    I've been looking as well

13. pvancle

pvancle New Member

For my '07, I got only the chain adjustor (same as the pre-load adjustor on my Valkyrie) and handle extender.

I went ahead and purchased the remaining tool kit, part number: 89010-MCW-D10 from Honda Direct Line USA (http://www.hdlparts.com/). The cost is $48 with $5 shipping. Other sites had a slightly cheaper price, but higher shipping. This version of the tool kit doesn't include the chain adjustor and handle extender. And, it only appears for older model bikes. I think I looked up '04. The tool kit listed for '07 is what came with the bike.

Oh, by the way, the new kit doesn't fit under the seat--at least I couldn't get it in. So, it's in the saddle bags.

14. ottrod

ottrod New Member

Greetings,

Just bought my new 2006 Interceptor from the local Honda dealer last Saturday. Mine didn't come with ANY tools - first time I had ever heard of a motorcycle not coming with a tool kit. The dealer stated that it was Honda that was getting bad about not supplying tools with the bikes. I don't think the dealer is holding out, as they didn't try to sell me a kit. As a matter of fact, their parts department could not tell me how to obtain a "factory" Honda tool kit.

Regardless of the tool kit issue, the dealer was great to work with while I was looking for, and eventually buying the bike, and I am extremely pleased with it so far!!!

I'm looking forward to being part of VFR world as well!

15. CalG

CalG New Member

The 5th gen has a nice kit under the seat.

Old world values?

CalG

16. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    my 02 6th gen has a complete tool kit that came with it so the previous owner says... I have added a few allen wrenches and a second 10 milimeter wrench as well as an emergency patch kit...

Note to self: need air bottles as had to use them on friends bike....

Seems odd that they would stop including them...

17. hondawolf

hondawolf New Member

Have an 04, purchased used. Came with a FULL tool kit. Wrenches, spanner, chain adjuster, allens, screw driver, extension bar, everything needed to do road side repairs. I have added a tire patch/plug kit, and a CO2 pump for refilling the tire with air. With all this under the seat, not much room left for anything else, maybe a wallet.

18. CCole

CCole New Member

Hello. I am new to the site as well as the VFR. I purchased a new '07 2 weeks ago and there was no tool kit with the bike. When questioned about this the dealer tried to pawn-off a generic kit on me. I told 'em no way that I wanted the factory supplied kit. They said they had to order the kit from Honda. At no time was I informed that a tool did not come with the bike so I guess Honda is making an attempt at cost-cutting or the dealer is pulling a fast one. BTW, there was an '08 on the floor that didn't have a kit in it either.

19. DVMSVFR

DVMSVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I have been hiring a Honda race support van to follow behind me when I ride or at least go ahead and be at my destination. They even carry and extra motor if things get really bad. Okay Okay, i'm kidding. Not trying to be a smart ass. I just trying to add a post so I can get closer to being a senior member. In all seriousness as above my 5th Gen came with a decent set of tools. Aerostich.com has tool sets although they may carry the Cruz tools.

20. jeff8478

jeff8478 New Member

2006 Toolkit

The 2006 Interceptor DOES come with a tool kit, well mine did anyway. Suggest you go back to the dealer and insist on them giving you one. It contains special tools e.g., to adjust chain tension, hold up the tank while changing plugs, etc. If the dealer doesn't cooperate, you could consider calling Honda.