VFR vs RC51

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by crreed67, Apr 5, 2006.

1. crreed67

crreed67 New Member

I know they're different but I'm ready to purchase a new ride and was needing input from everyone on the reasons why to purchase and not to purchase either of these bikes. How much difference is there in each one.

2. VFRMike

VFRMike New Member

United States
    Map
    Having owned both an RC51 and 2 VFR's I can say there is a definite difference between the two. I like to ride more than just 45 minutes to a couple of hours so I sold the RC after just a few months. It was such an incredible bike however- the sound (w/ my 2 Bros exhaust) was absolutly awesome. Nothing beats the sound of a V-twin- not even a V4 IMO. The RC is rock hard- all of it- the suspension, the seat,...the vibrations will have you numb very quickly. My shoulders and wrists were constantly punished as I tried to force the RC to do 400-600+ mile days. I know that last statement sounds crazy but I thought "if the RC doesn't fit the bill then I can just sell it and get a new VFR". And it was that easy. I'm not sure about the resale of an RC51 now but it was very eas to resale then. Of course the resale of the VFR's has not been so good either, from my observations. It all really depends on what you want to do. Short rides always and I'd pick the RC51 in a heart beat. Longer rides, like 200-800+, I'd go with the VFR. Decisions,
    decisions...

VFRMike.

3. crreed67

crreed67 New Member

That has to be the best answer I've gotten about this, VFRMike. I haven't ridden either and I have to say you've given me a world of insight. Thanks for an honest and unbiased opinion without being a smart-aleck about it. I really appreciate you.