Vfr400 nc30 fairings on a vfr750 rc36

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by HOUGHTON, Jul 6, 2012.

1. HOUGHTON

HOUGHTON New Member

Hi

This is my first thread on here, as it seems the right place to ask the question. I am looking at buying a crash damaged VFR750 RC36 1996 model, just cosmetic damage. I plan on keeping the mechanics of the bike standard apart from an aftermarket exhaust. The desire however is to fit VFR400 NC30 fairings on to the 750. I already own an NC30 and would like the looks of a NC30 but on something with a bit more grunt hence the reason I chose a RC36. Basically I want to build a poormans RC30 with NC30 fairings. I understand the 2 bikes are quite related in terms of design, but I just wondered if the smaller scale of the NC30 would make it impossible to fit the fairings to RC36? Has anyone done this? and any tips for this idea?

2. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    You definitely will have fun moving all the front end pieces and fabbing a fairing mount to fit. That will be the fun part, if you can get it in? The back should not be as difficult. Unless you jsut have the pieces lying around, maybe a RC45 front end. Still low, but wider, I think.

Good luck, pics required.

Larry

3. Bryan88

Bryan88 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

South Africa
    Map
    The size difference between the 2 bikes could pose a problem, you may have to add pieces into the 400 fairings.

4. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    I just did a full repaint of my 1996 RC36, and found that the stripes ALL needed to be broadened because the RC36 is a much larger bike than the RC30.

As others have mentioned, you are going to discover that the NC30 body panels will require quite a bit of "stretching" to fully cover the RC36.

5. HOUGHTON

HOUGHTON New Member

Thanks for your comments. I also think it slightly too wide and possible too tall for the 400 fairings. I just wondered if anyone had done it, just incase my preception was wrong. Maybe Ill look into fitting fibre glass RC45 fairings. Just as a random question, how fast have you guys had the 96 RC36 shape model going?

6. Bryan88

Bryan88 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

South Africa
    Map
    Don't ask th........!!! Shit, too late.

7. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    If you're asking how fast I've been on my bike, the answer would be 135 mph. No reason to push it harder.