[VFR800'98]Side Cowl Brackets, where to buy replacement?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by DoubleDuke, Apr 25, 2016.

1. DoubleDuke

DoubleDuke New Member

[VFR800'98]Side Cowl Brackets, where to buy replacement? [Solved]

Hi there I'm new to this forum, not new to VFR, great bike, great engine and I love them all.
    I've a '98 VFR 800 with custom fairings.
    vfr800-hrc.jpg

Yesterday, while removing the fairing for cleaning the bike and changing engine oil, I discovered that the Right side fairing bracket (*the one in the photo) was brocken.
    Some time ago I layed the bike to the side, during a maneuver to avoid a guy.
    Well my guess is someone has encountered the same problem and solved it, I really need some sort of replacement.

side-cowl-brackets.jpg
    This is the part that got brocken

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi DoubleDuke and welcome to the MadHouse:welcome:

When you get time please swing by the "introductions" forum and say Hi to the rest of folks on here! Congratulations on adding a photo with your first post - the bike looks stunning! So where in Italy are you based? I'm a couple of hours ride from Aoste, and usually take a run over Stelvio and the St Bernards pass most years.

:focus:

Cheapest option is to try CMSL as they still have one in stock - (See items 10 and 11)

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-vfr800fi...ales_model5744/partslist/F__3700.html#results

Option 2 that schematic suggests those brackets are reversible - so the same part is used to support the left and right sides of the fairing? If so there is a LEFT side bracket currently on sale on eBay.com with the seller offering worldwide shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Side-F...ash=item3d0699ac1d:g:g0MAAOSw5VFWJnrH&vxp=mtr

Take care - let us know how you get on.

SkiMad

3. DoubleDuke

DoubleDuke New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome and answer :)
    I hope to introduce myself sooner into the specific forum!
    I live near Bologna, in Emilia Romagna. I'm happy to hear that you have fun riding on stelvio, maybe you know of the Stelvio International motorcycle meeting by the end of june and beginning of july? and...route des grandes alpes?

Ok so I need only to order the lowest priced...or maybe find it locally with the part ID found on the website!
    I'll post updates as soon as I can!

Thanks again skimad! ;)

4. NormK

NormK New Member

Weld the original back together? if you can't take it to someone who can.

5. DoubleDuke

DoubleDuke New Member

Well, I put your suggestion into practice NormK! ;)
    Saturday 7, my sister's boyfriend helped me, he's a professional welder....so the bracket was welded, repainted and ready to use the day after :smug:

Unfortunately I got another problem, I bought defective mirror's, online, they were bonded with glue BUT sold like new. So, the same sunday, one of them dropped hanging by the turn signal wire.
    If they had not the turn signals, now I would be driving without mirrors at all, and possibily caused damage at someone after me.
    But that's another story :distrust: