? VFRD VFR Meet?

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by RVFR, Aug 20, 2006.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Just curious if anyone here went to the VFRD meet in Newport Oregon this past weekend? I couldn't make it due to a time lag in getting back in time from the family vacation.

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    you know, I would probably go to stuff from there, but I only can keep up with one board and as this one is the smaller of the two and I prefer the layout and feel more comforatable here, I stay here mostly. I try to read the other one in the west coast area, but I still only make it there maybe once a week while I read here daily usually. If you like, when you know of something like that you think we'd be interested in, feel free to crosspost and maybe we can all get together...

3. KrautBurner

KrautBurner New Member

similar here,

pluss I can't access VFRD here at work.

I wasn't able to make this one,
    lots of Drag racing with my car,
    and went to ocean shores, wa on sunday.

maybe next time.

Russ

4. V-FORE

V-FORE New Member

Map
    I went, thank you for the link back in June, I had a great time! Met a bunch of nice folks, had a blast!! on the first (of many) rides that highlight the handling of the VFR. Oregon has some nice roads, the only thing that sucked was I-5 coming home. Total Miles 958 with an overall mpg of 36.
    Back to work,
    Gary
    V-FORE

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, you did get around. what would you say was the size in turn out? I-5 could have been mostly avoided if you would have gone up through Raymond then shelton up to PT then take the ferry, but I'm sure by the sound of it you got your fare share of great back road adventures, Yep that country down there has some great roads huh? good to hear you had a good time, maybe next year I'll throw a VFR world meet here in the PNW

6. V-FORE

V-FORE New Member

Map
    If recall there was 27 VFR'S If you look up the thread on the newport meet there have been some pictures posted, I have not gotten a chance to go through mine yet. It sure is a small world, meet a guy with an '86 that lives about 3 miles from me. There were some amazing roads down there, I know they are planing for next year in Vancouver Wa. It would be great to have a VFR World meet here in the NW also, I would be willing to help also! Well back to work