VFR's death greatly exaggerated...

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Echo3Niner, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names.

--Proverb

I find all this whining about weight interesting; they went from an 800 to a 1200 and only gained 51 lbs., yet added roughly 65HP to compensate and almost double the torque... Where's the complaints in that?

As for the model letters, VFR means Vee-Four Race derived as far as I remember; does that describe this bike? Yes. The R didn't stand for Race-replica. You want that, you got an RVF, not a VFR... Additionally, don't 'hearken back to the golden days' of the RC30, RC45 or NR750 and say "See, this ain't no VFR!"; how long ago were those bikes? And they weren't VFR's anyway, they were RVF's. From the current 6th Gen to this new 7th Gen, I think everything is a logical progression. Was the 6th Gen a great 'track bike'? No.

Is that 'progression' what everyone wants? No. Can you please all the people, all the time? No. If they do base additional bikes on this new platform, could they make a new "RVF" version? Yes. Would that make all you weekend racers happy? Yes. Would it make the ST crowd happy? No. But this ain't no VFR1200T either.

Suck it up, the 7th Gen is the logical progression of the 'Jack of all trades' 6th Gen. Maybe later they'll make a different model for you if you don't like it...

My $.02

2. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    I would like to see Honda give Koji Miwa the designer of the CB1100R this platform and have him design a RVF1000RR...

[​IMG]

VS.

[​IMG]

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that top pic looks like ironman from the front...

4. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

6th gen is NOT a bad track bike for all those who say it can't corner ride behind me for a bit.

the new VFR is Fugly period, look at the pics of the V-5 if it was the same bike comming out and looked like V-5 body work it would be a sharp machine. link below and scroll down to see pic of V-5
    Honda VFR - Top Speed

My passengers complain about the seat on my 6th gen how will they feel ontop of that short moto gp tail seat???

What the 7th gen needed was 50 more hp and fully adjustible suspension, not a motor that drops cylinders ( it doen't even improve gas milage ) auto shift, or any other cr*p like shaft drive. oh did I say it is butt ugly WTF is up w/ the headlight??

please 21 gun salute for the VFR the name and heritage is dead IMO.

I agree the VFR ( Vee Four Racing ) is not a race bike but a sports bike that you can ride all day w/o monkey butt and still make Gixxer riders throw fits in the corners.

V-tec cost for repairs ie valve adjustment is costly but how much to fix this new machine when the engine start to get gremlins???

Honda please rename this bike cause it is not worthy of the VFR name, I would rather see honda just drop the VFR from the line up.

5. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

BUTT
    honda-vfr1200f_180x130w.jpg

UGLY
    honda-vfr1200-engine_460x0w.jpg

SHOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE THIS
    honda-launches-vfr-v_460x0w.jpg
    honda-vfr-1000-v5-wa_460x0w.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    My .02

I have been on Vf's and VFR'S for 25 years, there has always been a little from previous gens that was blended to the next that allowed one to see the jump from one to another.This is a wild departure from the line of bikes I have chosen to party with for all these years. Just a little bummed . Hopes are high for a future model that is not so .........odd.

7. donald branscom

donald branscom New Member

Map
    "Proud Member - Sixth Gen Militia - 1st VTEC Battalion" WOW you guys are really into this! HAhahahhhhahhhahaa

Militia??? HHAahhahhahhahhah

VTEC Battalion????? HAHaahahhhahahah

I like that CB1100 R No radiators and all that plumbing. All that plastic to hide all that stuff. Just makes it hard to work on and see things. If you were cruising from state to state then OK, but just for a couple hour ride?

8. donald branscom

donald branscom New Member

Map
    How about VFR....Very fine ride!

9. snowcrossmxz

snowcrossmxz New Member

u all got nothing till you actually ride the dam thing.
    i love how people get there tits twisted because a new model comes out. its not like it changes the bike that you are riding on right now.

my 1/2 cent

10. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    If riding it makes it look better then you may be on to something but somehow I don't think the pudgy nose and funny looking tank are going to change mid ride.

11. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

it has to do with the crap they put on it more so then a new model. ( also it is just ugly )
    I want a Bike I can work on and with all the high tech gizmo's on this thing I see major problems that you will have to throw money to the dealer to get it fixed and how long before a dealler will have a mechanic trained to work on this?? ( I ask anyone who buys one to bring it in a week later and say something is wrong and watch your bike sit for months why the contact Honda for help, it has been proven w/ the 6th gen. Read some posts where 6th gen owners went to dealler and they either said nothing was wrong, that is normal or had to call honda, I forgot the name of the last member who's bike sat for weeks and still got nowhere.

Sh*t I can't find a dealler who I would trust to work on my 6th gen. ( I also have to go to a Ducati dealer to get my rear tire balanced local one doen't have the adaptor for SSSA ???? )
    ABS and traction control would be a better direction then a motor that drops cylinders IMO. Also how come a more compact motor w/ casstte type trans saves weight on all other bikes but the VFR?????? yes the 50 or so pounds it gained is offset by the added power but geez I would like to shave 50lbs off my bike not add more.

K.I.S.S. is not the direction this model went.

12. snowcrossmxz

snowcrossmxz New Member

its not a race bike, thats y its ok for them to add 50. what a gold wing sit at?

this is a sport/touring, not a tracker.

we are in the era of electronics. every other manufacture is going fly by wire, with more advanced electronics. it is the progression of things.

ur right the looks won't change when u ride it, so basically all that should be talked about here is the looks.

every thing else is horse shit still the actual reviews come out and people actually ride the dam thing.

13. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

How about VFR....Visually Fucking Ridiculous

14. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

IMO what I wanted was a motorcycle what Honda gave was the "Batmobile"

15. betarace

betarace New Member

It's not a VFR anymore its a VFST

16. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    I agree it's not beautiful. It sure doesn't move me like the RSV4 does when I look at it.

Never said the 6th Gen didn't work on a track, only that it wasn't a GREAT trackbike.

If this bike was pretty, and had chain drive, nothing else different at all specs-wise, I suspect most of the complaining would go away. OK, it's funny looking, and it's got shaft drive, suck it up. The specs don't support all the gripping. The direction of the VFR Gens was not to go sportier. Again, DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE NOT GONNA MAKE A NEW RFV down the road. Then all you crying weekend racers can have your V4 trackbike. Or go buy a fricken CBR or RSV4 and quit your whining!

17. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

In the hands of an individual, with the conviction to pursue the necessary technical information and the skills to implement what they have learned, this is a great track bike.

Have you found anybody to put that pipe and air filter on for you yet?

18. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson New Member

Map
    you only have to look at BMW's ESA system (Electronic suspension Adjustment) to realise that it is possible to put real world usable tech
    into a motorcycle.

id prefer to see ESA on a VFR over the dual cltch system.
    The BMW ESA works extremely well.

19. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    STV1200F

MD

20. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    You've done it now!

Have you found anybody to put that pipe and air filter on for you yet?[/QUOTE]

:pop2: