Weird odometer issue

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by w3bdevil, Jul 20, 2020.

1. w3bdevil

w3bdevil New Member

Finland
    Map
    So, I installed a Power Commander V into my '99 5th gen with optional speed and temp inputs. Speed from pink wire from speed sensor. Everything ok so far. Now, when ever my speed goes above 100km/h the odometer (and trip too) stops counting up and starts again when ever speed goes below that. Tried power on/off with no effect and repeated multiple times with exactly same results every time. I just lost a few hundred km from my odometer because of the odometer not counting in highway speeds. Engine revs make no difference, only speed.

The speed input wire was soldered to the sensor pink wire and protected with heat-shrink tube with glue in it and routed quite straight to under the seat where the PC is located. Any ideas what might cause this weirdness? Didn't plug off the PC speed input yet which is what I'm going to do next just to verify that's actually the cause, although odometer was working ok before the installation and not after it so I strongly suspect this.

2. w3bdevil

w3bdevil New Member

Finland
    Map
    Verified this today. I disconnected the speed input from PCV and odometer works at all speeds again. Anyone here with a '98-'99 5th gen and PCV installed with speed sensor input? Did you have any issues with interference/cable routing/whatever with yours?