Well....Its time to start preparing for next season here...

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Outlawz24, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Outlawz24

Outlawz24 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Have only been out once or twice on the VF over the past couple weeks both times it has been too cold for the tires to get any grip and the bike has felt skittery on the pavement...So...heres a short list as to whats going to occur over the next few months..

Replace the right brake lever..(AGAIN!!)
    Remove and repair the Fiberglass replacement upper fairing and decide if im going to move the numberplate style windscreeen from the old upper fairing since the original met with a weedeater a few weeks ago...i have all the small parts that came off of it except a chunk or two out of the one edge..not sure if the oriignal piece can be glassed or not...right now im thinking i may just move the plexi glass number plate to the fiberglass upper...though the bike does look sleeker with the correct style windscreen painted to match the painted upper...hmmm

Replace the current rear tire as it is flatspotted and worn flat. Have considered the Chingshin HiMax tire on the stock rims for now as the bike will eventually get CBR wheels with Pirelli Diablos on them.

Speaking of CBR wheels...once i get to that stage..i will probably replicate the polished lip painted spokes look of the originals if possable...anyone know if the CBR wheel can be polished?

and finally of course an oil change and possably a coolant flush will be done along with new lines and clamps fitted to the cooling system perhaps along with the upper rad from my stunt bike unless i know for certian the original isnt leaking from its tweeked pipe...

Now...what sort of oil should i be running in this bike?

2. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
  3. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Not the kind you cook with....

4. Outlawz24

Outlawz24 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Alright..the bike is going into the shop on tuesday to get both an oil change and fork seals done..I have read the oil threads and know i need to use 10-40 oil in the engine...now my next question is this...what weight of fork oil should i be running? I am a heavier rider so one would assume i would be best off with a heavier weight oil however i am not sure what was used in the first place in my forks...anyone know?