What gets your goat?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by GreyVF750F, Apr 3, 2012.

1. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    No not the car, that's my goat. I mean the things that people do or say that makes you go EERRRRR. Like:

Chain Stretch, Chains don't stretch they wear. They wear at the inside plates and roller pins. When you get .005"-.010" wear at each link and you have 100 links then you have a chain that is 1/2"-1" longer.

People who start their vehicles in the winter all the time to charge the battery. Buy a f#$&ing trickle charger. Your just building moisture and contaminates in your engine and on the plugs which will foul.

People who insist you lean a bike to turn it. No you counter steer.

People when talking about wear and TEAR on an engine. You can't tear an engine. I seen one, they are big iron things and can't tear.

People who start stupid threads.........................................................................

2. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    "I could care less." Think about it for 5 seconds and ask yourself if that makes any sense at all.

n00b riders that try to keep up with the fast guys and crash anyways after you tell them to not do that. Then you drag their broken bike of out the ditch and wait for their step-brother's mother's husband to bring a truck.

People that "agree" that doing a modification to your bike is bad because Honda didn't design it that way, even though you have seen measurable, positive results from that modification.

People that spend more time typing up a reply post asking if you are sure about something for them to check when they could have been checking it! Gaaaaahhhh!

3. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Oh yeah. That one has annoyed me for years.

Another one that annoys the hell out of me is when people say "and I" incorrectly, e.g. "The boss wants John and I to go to the warehouse." WRONG!!! Think about it in a singular context. - You wouldn't say, "The boss wants I to go to the warehouse", would you? (My wife watches 'The Bachelor' and I keep hearing imbecilic women talking about "(the Bachelor) and I's date".)
    The thing that annoys me the most about this is that the twits who do it are usually trying to be snobs and show how educated and refined they are. Morons.

My wife had no idea that she was misusing "and I" until I explained the rules of grammar to her. She swears that she was taught incorrectly at school, which doesn't really surprise me, given how low the standard of public education is these days.

4. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Dirty windshields (inside or out) and wipers that don't work. I will change my wiper blades every 2 weeks if I see any streaks. I don't care if its a $5 ANCO or a $20 Rain-X. I want my wipers to work.

People who say "needless to say" or "it goes without saying". Well, then STFU and don't say it.

"Never kink hoses" that kink the moment you pull 10 feet out.

I know I have tons of other things that get my goat, annoy me, or piss me off, but I'm getting aggravated just thinking about it now. I'll chime back in later. Thanks a lot, Grey!

5. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    250MPH turbo charged Ducati's.

6. fredsncoma

fredsncoma New Member

United States
    Nothing has gotten my goat yet, but some coyotes got one of the neighbor's goats a while back.:peep:

Oh wait, you were speaking figuratively...I'll have to think about that one. But for now I would have to agree with Toe.

7. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    Dirty computer screens. I hate it. WTF are people doing touching the screens? My kids do that and it drives me crazy.

8. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    That made me laugh. My partner in my office has the same issue as you. So you know that means every time I go to his desk I have to go and put my fingers on his screen. His reply: "Get your fcuking grubby fingers off my screen!!"

LOL - he HATES it.

9. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    It drives me crazy when I make a statement of comparison and someone says "same difference". WTF!!! I just talked about how two things are alike ... NOT HOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT!!!!!!

I also HATE the misuse of "and I", fingerprints on computer screens and when someone throws a teflon pan in the sink and then piles ceramic or metal crap in it.

My biggest peeve is intolerance and hippocrisy, especially when someone claims it's their "right" to speak freely. Yes, you absolutely have the right to speak your mind, but that DOES NOT preclude my right say you sound like a fucking asshole. You can be a shitbird all you want, as long as it stays inside your little monkey brain. The second it comes out, I get to comment on what a pillock you are.

Jose

10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    When a noob or just complete dumbass thinks dumping race fuel in their bike will give them extra HP.

Please hang out with a engine tuner for a day you uninformed moron.

BZ

11. Kobe Diesel

Kobe Diesel New Member

Map
    In my workplace (marine/industrial power plant):
    Misuse of tools - i.e. using screwdrivers as chisels
    Putting tools back where they didn't come from (every tool storage location is labeled)
    Leaving a shitpile of tools after the job is done - parts bags, oily rags, a mess of tools
    Not accounting for spares, not recording vital measurements or findings, etc
    And morons grinding non-ferrous materials on the bench grinder when the SIGN right above it says what can & cannot be grinded

Oh, and the one item I just 'love' - someone leaving the chuck key in the lathe chuck! Automatic "YOU"RE FIRED"

General speech/writing items that bother me:
    it's for "all intents & purposes" not "intensive purposes"

12. Kobe Diesel

Kobe Diesel New Member

Map
    One other thing
    Fastener Bins - i hate it when i grab a M10 bolt from an M8 bin (clearly labeled) & when some moron puts a gaulled bolt back in the bins when it should either be trashed or repaired.

relief valve is now reset - rant over

13. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    When your reading an article with photo's or your buying something on line that has photo's. Below the photo it says "Click for Larger". You click on it and it's the same tiny photo!

When your buying a used something that's mechanical and there's a weird noise in it that's not supposed to be there and the seller says "oh they all do that". Really???AH

14. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    When you have a fully functional dishwashers at work an people will STILL leave dirty dishes in the sink!!! Do you freakin' people live in a barn???

15. BereaVFR

BereaVFR New Member

Oh, that reminds me...

16. Deadsmiley

Deadsmiley Member

United States
    Map
    That can easily kill a somebody. I saw one fly through a wall once. The guy that did it had to go scoop out his shorts.

17. bitterpil

bitterpil New Member

United States
    Map
    Self Richeous people who talk about how stupid everyone else is. How they never made a mistake or never had to learn the hard way.

Cheers !

18. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    As one who always brings in my own eating equipment into work found the best was to fix it was to progressively throw all dirty plates and utensils left in the sink into the bin, very quickly the problem sorts itself out. :biggrin:

19. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Crooked lines after the lawn is mowed

20. ndmeistr

ndmeistr New Member

Map
    That will be my bad..... Sorry.