Where in Alberta do you take your bike?

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by Molsan, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    I live in Red Deer and bought mine from GW in Calgary but currently take it Turple brothers in Reddeer.
    Not overly happy or unhappy with the service there but was hoping to hear from others.

2. borg

borg New Member

I bought my VFR from Riverside Honda in St Albert but there service department leaves a lot to be desired. I go to Scona Cycle or Pointe West Honda for service, both shops are located in Edmonton.

3. blais

blais New Member

boys want to ride on august long weekend, PM me, i am coming down from yellowknife!

4. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    as mentioned i'll have to check with the wife and what she wants to do and if i am allowed...
    try making a thread...hope we get a good turn out.

5. st1300calgary

st1300calgary New Member

As of jan1 2009 there will be no Honda dealer in Calgary,They want to set up a power store,cars,bikes lawnmowers.So i guess you will have to fix and service your own bike for a year in calgary.I fix and service it my self,so no big deal.But Reddeer is the closest dealer for parts.I am very happy with the VFR and my other honda st1300,but having no dealer might give me reason to trade both of them...

6. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    Ouch, I heard blackfoot lost there licence from honda, but what about GW?

Well I happen to be in Red Deer and Turple Brothers have been good but not stellar. I may just view them negativly because they remind me of blackfoot motorsports.

Bit suprised by the "power store" and heard rummors honda thought edminton would serve all of alberta. I thought this was more for the CBR 1000 RR as it would only be available there but the other dealers where remaining.
    Is calgary getting a new dealer?
    This just seems a step backwards for Honda.

Why would I go to a car dealership to buy/service a bike. Also makes side by side comparisons hard.
    Or maybe i takes a hand tech to explain how the DN-01 makes any sence.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  7. mrich12000

mrich12000 New Member

Map
    *Update* There is a new Powerhouse open as of April. It is located on Mcloud Trail south at Shaunessy, full service and all bike sevice. There is a lady who works there namad,"Cat" she is from universal cycle. She know what you need . hope this helped. Mike R..

8. ExoZagNoid

ExoZagNoid New Member

Map
    I bought my 06 at Riverside last year then started dealing with Sherwood Honda in Sherwood Park (for convenience more that anything. I'm always in Sherwood Park visiting friends).
    First off, the service at Riverside seems to have taken an upturn. I'll be going back to them. Second, the mechanics at Sherwood Honda are great, it's just the service dept. staff that needs a slap. I'm still waiting for my Givi V35's from S.H. (which the dude at Riverside said he could have had in 1 week or so rather than 2 months).
    I've always had good luck dealing with the Scona guys also, it's just out of my way. I live north of Edmonton.
    Exo