where the F**ck can I get a aftermaket fuel pressure regulator from? Been looking for 2 days and can

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by hollenbeck, Jun 2, 2013.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

I was messin around on here and internet to see what else I could do to my 5th gen, I was looking for a good fork upgrade since I already did the 929 shock mod, but then I ran across a thread that said they got a fuel pressure regulator(aftermarket) and how much of a difference it was, so I checked it out and everyone is saying the same thing (supposed to raise fuel psi by 10-15), so I went to the sight that sells them or use too its turbocity.com and can't find any of them, so please if anyone know where to get a good aftermarket one let me know, I'm curious to see the outcome.I have a 01 vfr800 fi, Also any performance mod's like fork upgrade's that'll match up with 929 shock or anything please let me know or just any mod's that you know of I'm up for anything, plan is make the perfect bike built the way I want her but need new ideas,THank you

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Such foul language. I am kinda reluctant to advise such a rebel.

Are you planning on doing some big horsepower mods (haha, short of forced induction, no such thing on VFR)? Why the need for the aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? I have over 116,000 miles on my 5th gen and she is still purring like a kitten. My advice, spend your money elsewhere...as in suspension (racetech goldvalves, and/or send to JamieDaugherty)/brake(steel braided lines)/electrical upgrades (VFRness), etc...

That, and invest in the most important asset...yourself by going to a MC advanced rider class, and make sure you have adequate full gear. ATTGAT (all the gear all the time).

3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    why do you want to raise the fuel pressure as opposed to just getting a power commander?

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :confused:
    :noidea:

5. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

lol I stayed up all night looking for one and I want one bad,the reason is because I would like a little more take off and from what I've read and looked @ the throttle response is better, no surge through the 4,000-6,000 rpm, smoother shifting with 1st and 2nd gear, all around better performance and drivability, I know some are gonna disagree about some of those problems I've mentioned or that It's the driver but this mod does the same(almost) as the pc3, I've had @ least 4 bikes and my 01 vfr800 is the only bike that I felt is a part of me and I put in just as much wrench time if not more with the others, READ THIS Fuel regulator
    but back to the other mod's, I'm getting the fork conversion from Jamie next week, and I went to Wire My Bike and ordered the vfrness bundle, the regulator recitifier(50amp), what will the vfrness and regulator reciptifier do? I'm thinking about getting the stator they got on there but from the description they just say it's a 3-phase stator to replace defective units idk what the 3-phase means but idk if it's just a regular part and I should save my $ or if it'll improve my bike, they have a kit that's a stator hardwire kit and it's for hardwireing the stator to the r/r what's the purpose of that? Electrical isn't my strong suite,I'm more of a bodywork, performance, common sence engineer kind a guy lol. And I'm getting the GALFER braided clutch/brake line kit for $310, my biggest problem if finding someone to do it or who can actually give me a quote,I don't understand motorcycle shop's I.E. if you take your car to any shop and say I have to have oil change brakes put on or whatever they can quote you what it's gonna cost but the only 3 shops within a 40 mile radious of where I live always say "we'll just have to look @ it and a oil change is about an hour an a half labor so you looking @ 150" and the oil change is the only thing they will let u know for a fact what they'll charge and I know they do it cause there the closest one wichis right down the rd from me, anyways I've pretty much got all the stuff, but I was looking for the FPR and some Ideas on some other mod's people have done for performance and handling that worked out good, I wanna de-link my brake system too but don't know what fork mod to do to her to make it work,sorry for rambling ya'll but I'm up for ideas.

P.S. We don't have schools or anything for the MC advanced rider class, but I'm not gonna be cocky and say I'm this and that but I'm a pretty good rider and would be even better with fork upgrade and my front brake is real touchy and back is too soft and need to adjust clutch cause I can let off and it will go without me hitting gas and it'll jerk after I let off of it and its not a stalling jerk like a low idle speed stmble. THIS IS MY VFR, bad pic it was raining and my phone sucks

IMG_20130602_175711.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  6. Durk

Durk New Member

7. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

In my opinion I would rather have that than the power commander, I already have a pc2 yeah I know stone age lol, but the feul pressure regulator isn't electronic, it doesn't cost around $400 and it'll give me exactly what I'm looking for. I want better throttle response in low or lower speeds(I can't stand the roughness), I wanna be able to change gears outa 1st to 2nd and vice-versa without the clunk and I had 2 different mechanic's look at it and my bike is good all around exept for these things I wanna tweak, I just want my baby to run a little smoother and I emailed or pm the guy that had 2 identical bikes took both of them and had everything worked on and did the exact same with both bikes to a T even the gas, anyways I talk to him and he has a power commander and said it runs better than the pc in his opinion and another reason is computers and electronics break and short out, this is an actual part ya know, but my plan is is too find a fuel pressure regulator throw that on and when I can get (afford!!!) the pc3 and get a dyno done and see the results, only problem I haven't found one yet. thanks for the reply Candyredrc46

8. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

scuba how you been bro? what's your take on this you ever heard of modified fuel pressure regulator? and need some more ideas of mod's bro

9. Durk

Durk New Member

I ordered it from partzilla, $36.
    All I can provide when I install it is a butt dyno though.

10. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Comma...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd231765d&vxp=mtr

the very first result on an ebay "power commander vfr800" search. 190 bucks... shit i got my rapid bike for only 245. are you bundling the pc and a dyno tune together for that 400 price?

anyways for 40 bucks i guess its worth a try. ive done a bunch of stuff to my bike that a lot of people on here dont agree with, so more power to you man. i would highly suggest eventually getting a real dyno tune on that bike eventually though. all these problems that you are describing sound really bad. ive never noticed any of these problems.

11. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

dude that's bad ass,your awesome I appreciate that,just bought it :)

12. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

wich regulator did you get? I think the 01vfr800 has more fuel pressure psi, I'm trying to find out how much it is

13. Durk

Durk New Member

I bought the 99 blackbird one.

14. Durk

Durk New Member

Check and see if the part #s are the same for the different years. I'm too lazy to do that right now.
    Even if they bumped it up a little I don't see what the benefit of going through the trouble would be.

15. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    anything i can do to help a vfr brotha :)

it weird with vfr people. i find that talking horse power with vfr riders is sometimes like pulling teeth. like some of the select few people on here that are making real power with the vfr's dont want to give up the secrets, like its every vfr for themselves. but for me i feel like we are a community and its vfr's vs the world.

16. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    99 percent of people will tell you to that its a touring bike and to fuck off and get a gixxer, the second you start trying to pull power out of these bikes. i dont feel like i am trying to make the bike as fast as a gixxer, i just want to make the vfr as fast as it can be.

17. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

ikr we are a special breed, I'll take my vfr over anything, just ask my x girlfriends lol

18. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

exactly, I wanna take her to her full potential and tweek some stuff Honda left out

19. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

I'm gonna get the 99-2000 1 cause the 5th gen psi is all the same and going to 50 from 36psi is a big jump so I'll just go up a little and see what she does

20. 91talon

91talon New Member

The VFR IS just a touring bike. These idiots that think they can make a ton of power and compete with Gixxers are just plain stupid. Much like certain people that make their VFR run 10 seconds in the 1/4. Who the F does that?!

:chaingun:
    :tongue: