Which fluids are installed at the factory?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by porcupine73, Jun 23, 2008.

1. porcupine73

porcupine73 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi, just wondering what fluids are installed in the viffer at the factory? i.e. when the dealer gets a new viffer from the factory, does the dealer install the brake fluid, clutch fluid, coolant, engine oil?

I'm wondering since I just bought an '07 which might have been manufactured say nearly two years ago, which means if the factory installs the fluids they are also two years old probably? Thanks

2. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

none, the bike comes mostly assembled they have to add gas, oil, coolant, brake, and clutch fluid. my dealer gave me a full tank. if it had any of those fluids in it they would have to pay hazardous materials shipping charges, more money and more rules (paperwork) but hell call the dealership and ask them.

3. Longerfellow

Longerfellow New Member

United States
    Map
    They come with brake fluid, clutch fluid and coolant plus a little bit of oil in the crankcase. We would uncrate, assemble bars, windshield grab bars etc. We would drain what oil was in there and fill the crankcase. We would fill the battery and top off coolant, brake and clutch if necessary. I say "we would" because I haven't been in that business since 98.

4. porcupine73

porcupine73 New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the info. Now I just need to review maintenance intervals in the manual.