why I think EVERYONE should take a motorcycle brc course

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by huck731, May 19, 2012.

1. huck731

huck731 New Member

so last night I was on my way home to finish packing stuff for moving. exactly one mile from my apartment some dipshit turns left from a stop sign and hits my right rear of my bike. I'm all good besides a sore/swollen pinky finger and my fake tooth that was jarred off of the mount. dispite being 11 at night, this idiot has to be blinder than a bat seeing as I have a bright as hell HID headlight. here are some pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

moral of the story.....WATCH WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE TURNING RETARDS!!!!!

2. Apittslife

Apittslife New Member

Map
    Damb that sucks, BIG TYME!
    Glad you were able to walk away from it!
    Fortuniatly it looks fixable?

3. huck731

huck731 New Member

no, what you cant see because I didnt do any shots from the rear is the engine pushed to the right side and the subframe under the engine is bent. ya, scary thing is that less that 100 yards from where I was hit, I had just came up from having my feet on the rear pegs.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    It's more important to have a good lawyer at this point than a good repair shop.

What part of your MSF BRC training kept you oot of becomming the victim of a bad driver since you were unable to sucessfully avoid contact ?

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Get your insurance money and step up to the almost nearly-modern world of gen 2 VFRs.

I've checked this one out: 1986 Honda VFR 750 Interceptor and recommend it as a worthy replacement for any gen 1 bike.

6. rickjames

rickjames New Member

Map
    Glad to hear you're OK after the incident. I am also impressed; on the mx-5 forum vultures would vultures would already be circling that thing for parts. The sad thing is there isn't anything even resembling a shortage when it comes to that vehicle. +1 to all involved!!!!!!

7. huck731

huck731 New Member

I have been advised to get a lawyer by a good friend and am looking into it. I'm not saying the brc course helped me in this case but if everyone had to take it this probably would not have happened.

I can only wish to get enough to fly to NY, buy that bike and drive back to WI. thats a pretty machine there.

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

When I read the title of your post I thought it was referring to something you learned from taking a riding course, but after reading your post, I get what you're saying. I think that obtaining a drivers license is too easy and that the renewal process is as simple as mailing it in. Most drivers today seem to be more distracted and inattentive and seem to be taking out more and more drivers/riders due to not paying attention.

Glad that you made it out OK, the "left hand turn" is one of the most common gotchas for us MC riders and you definitely came out on top all things considered.

Cheers!