Womens Jacket?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by KC-10 FE, Apr 3, 2006.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Anyone got a good suggestion for a MESH or VENTILATED jacket for my wife? She currently has a JR Phoenix. This jacket is, quite frankly, a POS. I just EBAY'd my JR Phoenix & got a Icon TIMAX 2 for myself. Unfortunately, they don't make the TIMAX for women.

Thanks

KC-10 FE out...

2. macmorgan

macmorgan New Member

Map
    Mesh Jackets

I'm a bit of an equipment addict having bought just about everything over the years... Bates, Perone, Z leathers, Langlitz, Aerostitch, etc.

Most mesh jackets are not going to do much to protect you in case of a fall. My mesh jacket came from Kushitani and it was one of the first on the market. It has the weight of a ventilated football jersey with decent padding in the shoulders, elbows and back. I think it would rip apart in a serious get-off but it's good in the summer to keep the sun and evaporation at bay.

Think about what you're trying to protect and let your conscience be your guide.

Mac Morgan

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I just bought a Joe Rocket Trixie for my girlfriend. She likes it because it's pink and fits a girls figure. She hasn't used it much yet, though. It seems like a good jacket to me and it's not an outrageous price. I've been pleased with my Joe Rocket stuff so far.